If you are like me – starting ten days out from a marathon you start to stalk weather.com. Instead of stalking the weather this weekend I’ve been getting my information direct from the source!
Today’s “guest” on Mile Posts is…..
The Running Weatherman aka Alex Liggitt of ABC 7 in DC — Here is his weather forecast for the races on Sunday!!
Sunday, November 17 – 4:30pm – Las Vegas, NV
Mostly Clear and Comfortable
High: 63 Sunset: 4:31pm
Forecast Grade: B+
Confidence Level: 80%
Sunday will feature a few clouds as an area of low pressure departs the area through the day. Conditions will be great for the race Sunday afternoon and evening as temperatures start out in the lower 60s and drop into the 50s throughout the race. Winds could be a little breezy at times but at this point I would only expect an occasional breeze to 15 mph.
There is now more consistency in the models, which is great as no rain is expected and temperatures will be comfortable. The biggest question will still be the winds but for now they just look like they will be breezy at times.
If you are running one of the Rock N Roll races this weekend in Vegas be sure to hashtag any social media pictures you post with #stripatnight
I love social media! You can find Mile Posts here:
- Mile Posts on twitter – @mileposts
- Mile Posts on pinterest – http://pinterest.com/mileposts/
- Mile Posts on facebook – http://www.facebook.com/irunthisbody
- Mile Posts on instagram – http://instagram.com/mileposts
- Womens Running on twitter – @womensrunning
- Competitor Group on twitter – @runcompetitor
- Rock N Roll Marathon Series – @runrocknroll