Long before I ever became a runner these two girls were. I watched them finish their first marathon, the San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon when I was just 18 years old….

I would love to say it inspired me to run marathons….it did not….I thought they were insane. My thoughts were confirmed when we returned to our hotel after the marathon and my mom could barely walk to the shower, let alone dress herself. Walking to dinner that night was even more hilarious, they had to have help up tiny curbs and basically shuffled their way around.

Why would anyone want to do that?

Fast forward and here I am now. A runner. A marathoner. A runner who might not have been a runner much less a marathoner with out girls like this by my side.

Mommy and Ashley, I love you both more than you will ever know. So happy to share this passion called running with both of you!

6 wonderful miles this morning with both of them who are in town visiting[lucky me!]. A special thanks to Ash for pushing Chloe in the single while I pushed the boys.

Have I told you lately how much I love running? Well I do, but not quite as much as I love these three girls!

Who has helped you on your journey to become the runner you are today?

Comments

1. Wow, look at those 6-pack abs X 3 (you three are an 18 pack)!!! :)

Thanks Dash :) I can always count on you for a confidence boost…especially since you pretty much have the craziest[amazing] abs of anyone I've ever met!! Happy Monday

3. Allison says:

I agree with Dash! I noticed your abs right away! You look awesome!

Honestly, I've kind of helped myself along. Most people IRL think I'm crazy! All of you bloggers help me too. 😉

4. Teamarcia says:

Yes holy 18-pack! What an awesome support system. You are blessed. But you knew that. : )

5. Megan @ On The Road Again says:

I'm going go ahead and ditto what the previous commenters said and say Great Abs! You ladies look great.

Also, new follower here. I'd been following you on Twitter but just recently, for some reason, came over to your blog and I'm so glad I did. I'm newly pregnant and reading some of your past posts on running pregnant gave me newfound confidence to keep up the journey through these next 30 weeks! :)

6. Tricia says:

holy crap woman. looking at you I'd doubt youve had ANY kids let alone a whole pack. :)

loved this, thanks for sharing it

7. Run with Jess says:

WOW – holy cut it up! You three look amazing – after those pictures, I think YOU THREE are my inspiration for the week! LOL

8. XLMIC says:

So amazing! You are just superfit! What a great tribute to your awesome buddies :)

9. Holly @ RUST BELT RUNNER says:

Wow. Talk about some inspiration here with the ab crew. DANG!

10. Rebecca says:

Abs sisters is more like it!

11. Lizzy says:

Look at your abs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!