Last night I checked my phone one last time before it was time to put the little people to bed and saw this tweet from Saucony.

Immediately I went to their facebook page and literally jumped out of my skin.

Chloe and I made their photo collage celebrating 100K facebook fans.

I figured it was fitting then to announce that for the 4th year in a row I was picked to be on the Saucony Hurricane Team!

What’s the Hurricane Team. It’s a VERY SMALL team comprised of rock-star athletes from around the country. The caliber of runners on this team blows my mind every.single.year.

When I applied for this team 4 years ago I didn’t think there was a shot in H-E-L-L that I would get picked. I did.

I was told I was chosen for my dedication, passion and loyalty to the sport of running and for my LOVE of Saucony. I was the SLOWEST person on the team. I am not exaggerating when I make this statement. I was the slowest runner on the team. Instead of feeling like I didn’t belong, I wanted to prove I did. I wanted to prove that speed is a state of mind. I am just as much of a runner and am just as dedicated as those athletes who toed the line at the Olympic Marathon Trials this year.

I don’t make excuses. I push my hardest. I want to be my best self. I run up to 90 miles a week while raising three little people. I qualified for Boston 6 months after my second baby. I belong. Being a runner is who I am. It defines me and I love that.

At every single race for the past 4 years I have put on my Saucony uniform and a magic happens. I am not just racing to improve my personal times, I am on a team. I am on a team that helps me celebrate each little victory, that motivates me to push harder, father, faster. I am on a team where Olympic Trials Runners email me and say AWESOME job at that marathon.

I have taken my marathon PR from a 3:36 to a 3:13 while on this team and KNOW that representing Saucony and having their continued support has with out a doubt had a HUGE part in this.

I’m getting a little teary even writing this. Saucony rocks. I believe in the brand, the people and I FIND MY STRONG EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Tell me – how do you FIND YOUR STRONG?

Comments

1. You are amazing and deserve all these wonderful opportunities. Congrats on the photo, I love it!

2. Congratulations on your 4 year selection streak, your dedication and hard work have been noticed and appreciated by Saucony. You are a great representative of their product :-)

3. Congrats Dorothy! You have come a long ways! :)

4. You are always an inspiration!!! Congratulations on being on the team again. AND congrats on that great picture with your daughter.

5. You are truly amazing… such an inspiration to so many, including myself. You deserve that spot on this team. For anyone who thinks that that dream did not come easy, you are a fool. What is impressive is not that you made the team but all of the hard work and dedication you have put into it. Being a Mom of three small children and a runner myself, I know first hand what an achievement this is. I have tears in my eyes reading this. So very happy for you. Congratulations.

6. Seriously, you provide so much inspiration that I’d be ticked off if you didn’t make the team. It’s great to hear stories of people who are wicked fast and have always been wicked fast. You know what is even more awesome? Following the daily grinds of people who are wicked fast and didn’t start that way? I’d want to listen to that person any day of the week.

From a non-fast person who hopes to quasi-fast at some point in life :)

7. Congrats Dorothy on being selected again! It’s great to see that you’ve been recognized for all your hard work.

8. You deserve it! :) Your dedication is inspiring.

9. Job well done Dor! I love that picture of you and Chloe. She is such a little munchkin xoxo

10. Congrats on making the Saucony team again this year. I bet it’s especially nice for the picture of you and your daughter to make the cut. :-)

A Saucony-related question: have you heard much feedback from people trying the Saucony Triumph 9? The reduced heel-to-toe drop of 8 mm intrigues me, as I have a mid-foot strike and am considering switching from the 12-mm drop in the Ride 3 and Triumph 7 to something with a lower drop. Thanks!

-Scott

11. I FLOVE Saucony. I would give my right arm to be part of that team. Congratulations!

12. How awesome is that collage!! Congrats on being a part of the team again this year, what an awesome accomplishment. Your race times are incredible, your dedication to the sport is evident – that’s some major improvement when you already had a speedy PR!

13. So happy for you :)

14. Love it! Great post!

15. Great thought – its an awesome team to be a part of! I’m sure we’ll end up having a big Hurricane gathering in Boston – it should be a lot of fun!

16. This is wonderful! Congratulations – for being who you are, inspiring us all and keeping up an awesome blog!

17. Mile Posts By Dorothy Beal says:

@ Robin: Thank you so much Robin!!!

18. Mile Posts By Dorothy Beal says:

@ Jake:
    I’m excited for Boston this year Jake!! Had to miss the dinner last year b/c baby #3 was TIRED so I am for sure going to make it this year!!! See you in Bean Town.

19. Mile Posts By Dorothy Beal says:

@ Sara: Thank you for your sweet words Sara!

20. Congratulations, Dorothy! Definitely well-deserved…You deserve 100% to be on that team. I am constantly amazed by how you juggle the high mileage with 3 kids – I can barely find the time with my one 13 mo old. Thank you for being an inspiration and example of what I hope to be/accomplish…
    I wish I was joining you on the team this year but I guess it wasn’t meant to be…Maybe next year =)

21. How exciting, lady!!!! You deserve it, absolutely <3

22. Congrats – that is such a great picture of you and your daughter, definitely deserves to be there! And congrats on making the team again – shows hard work pays off. I love the last picture, looks like it belongs in a magazine! Beautiful scenery. What race is that from?

23. Yay Dorothy!! Congratulations. You’re so deserving :)

24. Love that pic of you two in the collage :) Congrats, Dorothy! I can’t think of anyone more deserving :)

25. Congrats!! That’s great! I tend to be the slowest of the people I run with; it used to really discourage me. But now I use it to motivate myself to work to get faster. I guess that’s one way I “find my strong”…by surrounding myself with people who push me and inspire me!

26. just had to say that i love this so much! great pictures!

27. I find my strong by, getting in the gym and lifting even though I’m an endurance athlete.

28. I just love that picture of you and your daughter!! Thanks for inspiring so many to dream big and run long! :-)

29. Congrats Dorothy! What a fabulous accomplishment!

30. Yay for being featured! And what an inspiring team to be a part of. I’m so impressed with the progress you’ve made in the last few years! I’m just starting to pay more attention to speed work and “racing” and your story gives me hope. :)

31. LOVE IT!! Congratulations!! You completely deserve it!

32. Yay!! Congrats. You are amazing and an inspiration.
    Keep up the great work.

33. Congrats on year #4 and making the 100k page! That’s awesome.

You are such an inspiration and always serve as the motivation I need when I doubt my ability. Everyone has to start somewhere!

34. Mile Posts By Dorothy Beal says:

Thanks Karla!! YES everyone has to start somewhere and if you DREAM it and WANT it you can achieve it. Don’t doubt yourself EVER. When the mind is strong – the body is strong :)

35. Mile Posts By Dorothy Beal says:

Thanks Jocelyn!!! xoxo

36. Richie Woodworth says:

Hey Dorothy…congratulations. Each and every Hurricane is special and hold a unique position in our running community. Everyone here at Saucony is committed to inspiring every runner on every run, every day. You are not just a part of that, you embody that. You inspire and help our team inspire others through our collective spirit, our culture and the best products on the planet. Thanks for helping…
    Richie

37. Congratulations!! That is soo awesome!!

38. I am so incredibly excited to be joining this amazing team with you! It’s going to be a great year!!

39. We have been numerous volunteers and also establishing a fresh program in our local community. Your web site provided us with practical data to function for. You might have performed a new challenging pastime and also each of our total local community are going to be relieved for your requirements.