I can’t believe it’s race morning and I’m sitting around hanging out. I could get used to this night race thing. No running around stressed the night before. No 3:30 am wake up calls to get up and drive to the race.
I had a really yummy in my tummy breakfast [how do you not eat your way through Vegas I do not know] and am now enjoying my starbucks coffee. A nap is in order before I start to get ready and head down to the VIP shuttle at 2pm.
I really have no idea how my body is going to react to running 26.2 miles at 3 pm [6 pm east coast time]. I’m praying that I meet some fun people and get to run/chat the whole time. I’m also praying that my legs will get me to the finish line before the 4 1/2 hour cut off for the full.
I miss my littles terribly – if I didn’t have them – I’m fairly certain I would want to stay here longer. SO much to do. So much to see. So much to experience.
I had a blast at the expo at the Women’s Running Booth. Loved running into all the fabulous girls of Team Sparkle, Nuun and loved making some new friends! Hanging out at the Competitor VIP party on Friday night was truly awesome and worth a slower than normal marathon time for staying out way too late and drinking too much. You only live once right?
Are you running Rock N Roll Vegas half or full tonight? How do you prepare for an afternoon/night race?
Mile Posts Blog is on:
- Mile Posts on twitter – @mileposts
- Mile Posts on pinterest – http://pinterest.com/mileposts/
- Mile Posts on facebook – http://www.facebook.com/irunthisbody
- Mile Posts on instagram – http://instagram.com/mileposts
- Womens Running on twitter – @womensrunning
- Competitor Group on twitter – @runcompetitor
- Rock N Roll Marathon Series – @runrocknroll
- Nuun on twitter – @nuunhydration
- Team Sparkle on twitter – @runteamsparkle