I’m a bit over the moon about being featured today on Another Mother Runner!!!

I am even more excited though that I learned that they included me in their next book Train Like A Mother in their section on Stroller Running.

You guys know how much I LOVE stroller running – right? Well I didn’t use to love it when I had my first baby – I actually hated it.

My Three Loves

Now that it’s cold and I can’t run with my babies much anymore, I’m missing it terribly. AS IN I wish I could be running with a triple stroller instead of doing solo treadmill runs.

I with out a doubt PR’ed this fall in the marathon and 10K because of all the stroller runs I went on this summer. It’s an honor to be included in the book, but I’m especially pumped to be included in this section.

I don’t often feel like a bada$$ but I will tell you when I run pushing all three of my kids – I feel like a superhero. I’m not self conscious of anything. I’m not only running but pushing three humans. It’s a crazy incredible feeling.

I don’t like to brag [ever] but I do like to talk about what I accomplish in order to inspire myself to  keep moving.

SOOOOO Here are my stroller records. I am as proud of these as I am of my 3:13 marathon.

STROLLER RECORDS

Single Stroller Mile: 6:08 (2011)

Double Stroller Mile: 6:16 (2011)

Triple Stroller Mile: 6:05 (2011)

Single Stroller Run: 13.1 Miles (2011)

Double Stroller Run: 10 Miles (2011)

Triple Stroller Run: 13.1 Miles (2011)

Tell me what are the reasons why you run?? Feel free to list 26.2 if you would like[wink]

Comments

1. Oh, man. I could go on for yeeeeaaaarrrs about the reasons I run. I’ll just leave you with 3 short and sweet ones.

1. It makes me feel alive.
    2. It clears my head and turns any horrible day into a great, if not bearable, day.
    3. It makes me look and feel gooooood. 😉

2. Loved your spotlight on another mother runner this morning!!

3. Carissa says:

Hi Dorthy. I found your blog thanks to Another Mother Runner. Your story fascinates me. I’m new to marathoning and I ran a debut marathon at 3:49 one year after having my 3rd child. This year I ran the same marathon in 3:32. I had no idea I could improve so much in one year. It sure makes me wonder where I can go from here. I was also so impressed and inspired by your stroller records. Wow. The next time I’m pushing my single I’ll remember to be extra thankful that it will make me a stronger runner.

4. Mile Posts By Dorothy Beal says:

Carissa – those are some mighty impressive marathon times!!! DREAM BIG and run long – the sky is the limit to how far you can go. When I ran 11 minute miles I would have laughed if you would have told me I could run as fast as I can now :) So glad found my blog and thanks for commenting!!

5. Mile Posts By Dorothy Beal says:

YAY – thanks!! I am still so excited about it :) Does that make me a running geek?

6. Mile Posts By Dorothy Beal says:

Love those!! If you get bored feel free to come back and add the other 23.2 reasons 😉

7. I love that your triple stroller mile PR is faster than the single stroller PR… amazing! I’m not running right now (I’m in 3 weeks w/ my first little one!), but normally I run because:
    -It helps me clear my mind and forget about my troubles
    -It makes me feel strong and awesome even when I’m slow and sloppy
    -It reminds me that my abilities are only as limited as I choose to make them!

8. FOR MY SANITY (which I lack right now)….

9. I ran with my kids in the double stroller yesterday and thought no wonder that Dorothy Beal is so fast! I hadn’t used the stroller in nearly two years. I ran three miles and was sweating like a horse. I may take them out more often for the workout, although I doubt I will take them more than 5 miles. I don’t have that much pavement :)

10. Mile Posts By Dorothy Beal says:

I swear stroller running can get you in the best shape of your life 😉 Such a workout!!

11. Mile Posts By Dorothy Beal says:

Thanks Megan!! Congrats again on your little one :) p.s. My triple stroller runs are usually the fastest – which makes no sense other than I really feel like a superhero so I think I push myself harder than with the single

12. Heidi says:

Hello,
    Can you please tell me what kind of stroller that is? I am on a desperate search for a triple. I have a 5 year old, almost 3 year old, and 10 month old baby.

Thank you!