1. If you do not already follow nuun on Facebook or Twitter, I’d love it if you did. This company not only rocks but is footing the bill on EVERYTHING[minus my air fair] for this trip. I want to show them some love and would appreciate the help. [it doesn’t hurt to tell them I sent you!]
2. I leave around 8 am Thursday! Due to the time change I get in to Seattle at lunch time with nothing to do but have fun and help decorate our van, until the team dinner at NUUN headquarters that night. I used to work for a rather large running company whose headquarters are in Seattle. I have not been since before Chloe was born, so I am really excited to be visiting a part of the country I L.O.V.E!! [I may be crazy because I am already trying to figure out how I can work in a run sometime on Thursday before the dinner]
3. My team is predicted to finish SECOND in the Corporate Women’s Open Division in an estimated time of 28 hours and 8 minutes. This prediction got me PUMPED. I was worried I might slack off a little and run hard, but not kill myself because after all the point is to have fun. I promise you I will still have fun. BUT this seems like a challenge now, I want us to finish in the top 10. I’ll be running my heart out.
4. I am Runner 2, which means I’m running leg 2, 14, and 26. Hood To Coast predicts based on my 41:17 10K PR that I can run these times:
Leg 2: 5.67 miles – HARD – 34:28 – 6:04 pace
Leg 14: 6.08 miles – MEDIUM – 43:40 – 7:09 pace
Leg 26: 5.72 miles – MEDIUM – 41:37 – 7:16 pace
5. Packing for this trip was awesome. Running clothes, running clothes and oh yeah running clothes are really all I needed. As a sponsored Saucony runner I don’t even have to think about what to pack. The outfits are already picked out[match] for me. I just grab and go!
6. nuun is the official hydration sponsor of Hood To Coast. You can find nuun rocking out at exchange #33 and on the beach, where I am sure copious amount of people will be needing nuun after having one too many drinks. ooops did I just say that?
7. The link to the nuun blog is up on the Hood To Coast main page. My name and blog is listed on the nuun blog. I feel cool. I also do not mind admitting that I feel cool saying that. I feel like I am in some sort of awesome dream.
8. I’M FREAKING PUMPED. Back late Sunday night. I’m sure I’ll be dead tired so here is my official I am taking a break from blogging for a week post. Later gators *wink*
Follow me on twitter if you want to hear my ramblings all weekend. @mileposts
p.s. thank you for all your comments on yesterday’s post. you guys help me more than you will ever know.