Hi friends! Today is the first of a series of posts that I’m launching on my blog called 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me! I’ll be bringing you random tidbits from runners you know and love and others that you might not have heard of. The first of the series is Hollie from the blog fueledbylolz.
Every Wednesday check back for a new post to meet someone new or learn stuff about someone you already know.
1. I have a math minor.
2. My favorite running distance is 13.1 followed by a 5k.
3. I grew up right outside of London.
4. I swam competitively for 15 years before running.
5. I was attacked by a dog on a run and am now terrified of them.
6. I’m also scared of both turkeys and geese. I’ve been chased by both.
7. When I lived in Texas, I accidentally ran to Mexico during a long run. I had to turn around because we ran right into a black fence.
8. My parents own a pet donkey.
9. While I do love my running brands, I also love Kate Spade, Gap, and BCBG.
10. One of my favorite courses in college was backpacking. We got to backpack through the Adirondacks.
11. My current favorite TV Shows are 60 Days In, Supergirl and Americas Next Top Model.
12. I actually don’t mind the treadmill because I’m able to zone out and catch up on trashy TV.
13. My first car was a Pontiac Firebird. I packed all of my college possessions and moved to and from college.
14. I like all vegetables except cucumbers and pickles. Everything else is okay in my books.
15. My husband and I met at a college cross-country race.
16. My car is like a mini mall. I have an outfit packed for every occasion from a Deep Arctic freeze to going to the beach. Don’t forget two pairs of running shoes.
17. In college, I was a member of the math alliance club. Solving derivatives? Yes, please.
18. When I was young, I used to be obsessed with sailor moon. I’m pretty sure I dreamt I was a sailor scout.
19. Last year I set my 5k PR in a prom dress.
20. My favorite food is salmon and my favorite dessert is red velvet cake.
21. In college, I won a rap contest to Nicki Minaj’s Superbass. I still know the lyrics.
22. My favorite song artists are Taylor Swift, Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac) and Iggy Azalea.
23. I love the flavor of coffee. I will drink coffee 24-7 (although later will be decaf so I can sleep).
24. While my hair has pretty much been every natural color: blonde, red, brown, black, I think I can safely say brown is my best fit. Also, adulthood bangs are not for me.
25. For my quarter life crisis (age 25) I bought a new car, got married and moved. Nothing like going crazy right?