Missed out on registering for Marine Corps Marathon? Had a terrible time getting through the online system the day of registration?
Still want to run?
Runners who sign up for the challenge receive VIP treatment race weekend including:
· Entry into the always sold out Marine Corps Marathon
· Private baggage check
· Private bib pickup
· Shakeout run with Bart Yasso and other Runner’s World editors
· Course strategy session with Runner’s World experts and editors
· Private pre and post-race receptions at the start and finish lines with nutritious food to help you bounce back quickly
· Post race reception and private family meeting destination at Top Of The Town in Rosslyn, Virginia (near the finish line)
· Technical RW Challenge Shirt
· Choice of Runner’s World Book (Complete Book of Running, Long Run, or Runner’s Rule Book)
· Your choice of one of more than 18 marathon training plans
· 4-month free trial of the Premium Runner’s World online training log, the Runner’s World Personal Trainer
· 1-year of online access to Runner’s World Experts on weight loss, training, nutrition, and injuries
· 1-year of online access to private forums
This will be my 8th time running Marine Corps Marathon. Marine Corps Marathon was my 1st marathon and first BQ. It only seems fitting that this 26.2 miles will be my 26th marathon. Every year I tell myself I’ll run another marathon, but once the crisp fall air hits I always think to myself – who am I kidding? I love Marine Corps. Why would I run anything else?
Frustrated by the online system used? Read this article from Run Washington on the fiasco — http://www.runwashington.com/news/4165/314/Marine-Corps-Marathon-lottery-under-consideration-after-registration-melee.htm
Do you think Marine Corps should keep it’s first come first serve registration system or go to a lottery like other major marathons?
Connect with Mile Posts!
- Mile Posts on twitter – @mileposts
- Mile Posts on pinterest – http://pinterest.com/mileposts/
- Mile Posts on facebook – http://www.facebook.com/irunthisbody –
- Mile Posts on instagram – http://instagram.com/mileposts
*fine print: I was not compensated for this post