Want to know a secret? Oh come on, everyone like secrets.

My go-go-gadget secret running sources have told me that nuun is putting together an ALL women ALL bloggers relay team for the 30th Anniversary running of the Hood To Coast Relay, the Boston of all relays. [It won’t be officially announced for over 24 more hours!]

So that’s the secret.

In order to apply to be on the team you have to submit a creative application.

What do I do when I need an idea – I lace up my shoes and go running. I was so excited about the possibility of making the nuun team and running this epic race that I attempted my first ever timed road mile in some serious DC humidity. 6:08 – 5+ minutes faster than what I used to average when I first started running!

I considered writing an essay about why I think I would make a good teammate and sending that along with some baked cookies to the judging team – then I remembered I can’t bake.

I considered sending an application about my Boston Marathon experience. Chronicling why hydration is so important, especially for a nursing running mommy – then I remembered DUH they are nuun – they know how SUPER important hydration is.

I considered making a funny video of me running around in my Saucony running gear telling them how BAD I wanted to be on the team – then I remembered that I don’t have a video camera, well one I know how to use anyways.

I thought about coming up with a rhyming story about Hood To Coast, running, nuun, relays, bloggers and moms – then I thought – who am I kidding – I can’t write poetry and my rhyming skills are at about the same level as my kids – run rhymes with sun – sun rhymes with fun

I thought an email about why I am nuun’s biggest fan might win them over. How much I love and use their product might get some favor in their eyes – but honestly who doesn’t love nuun? It would be like me saying oh I love chocolate – well duh – most people do – what makes you so special that you like your hydration/electrolytes in tablets instead of a sickeningly sweet calorie loaded sports drink. So I nixed that one – though I am a HUGE fan of nuun and think YOU should be too.

So I settled on a blog idea, after all they are looking for women BLOGGERS.

MY PURPOSE is to INSPIRE.

My entry, for this team, is going to be about YOU the reader. Here is where I need your help.

Have I inspired you? Have you used one of my workouts? Have you learned something new about running from this blog? Have you gotten faster as a result of DREAMING BIG and believing in yourself? Do you read my blog and think if that mom of three can make time to run – I can too? Have you signed up for your first race? Been inspired to run a new longer race distance? Have you emailed me for information about running while pregnant? Do you think I am a positive influence?

If any of these sound like ways my blog has helped you then would you be so kind as to leave a comment below?

You can simply say I think Dorothy rocks and would be an awesome addition to the nuun Hood To Coast team. If you are feeling good and have a tiny bit more time please share how my blog has helped you, inspired you, or brought about a change in your life or the life of someone you know. If you are feeling super good and want to come up with a reason why you think this mom of 3 children under 5, would inspire you or others by running 200 miles with 11 other women over 2 days – then by all means write that too!!

YOUR comments are my application to the team!! Applications are due June 15th. So please leave your comments as soon as possible – I will submit my post to the nuun team on the 14th.

Thank you so very much for all your supportive, positive, uplifting comments on my posts. I truly appreciate it. THIS IS ME DREAMING BIG. I’m putting myself out there and dreaming that something I never thought possible is going to come true.

P.S. Do yourself a favor and drink nuun

Comments

1. Michelle @ The Cooking Life says:

Hi Dorothy. I've been reading your blog for quite some time now but I think this is the first time I've left a comment. Even though I am not a mom, your blog HAS been an inspiration. From giving me the encouragement I need to try and meet my time goals to being an example of a well-rounded person. I've also been interested in getting to know moms who run through the blog world, as my husband and I hope to conceive this year – and to be fit while I am pregnant. We'll see what the Lord has in store! Reading your posts as you juggle achieving your running goals while having a family shows me that it can be done (sanely and happily, too!). I look forward to being a mom one day and I hope that I can be an example to my children, to show them that pushing yourself physically will help you mentally and emotionally. I was writing on my blog the other day that running is one of the most peaceful times I experience, and the "pain" I go through is a perfect example of my reliance on the Lord’s strength to get me through a run and to get me through any other obstacle. Thanks for your honesty, your steadfast faith in the Lord and for inspiring many people out there!

2. carlybananas says:

Dear Nuun,
    Dorothy would be an amazing choice for your team. I might even say she'd be the best choice. She's a great runner, but a lot of people are great runners. What sets Dorothy apart from the other great runners is her personality. She's one of the most down to earth, caring, friendly people I've ever talked to. She would be a true team member and not just someone running for Nuun. She works really hard to be a great runner and doesn't take her talent for granted. She started as an 11 minute miler (like me!) and has come so far because she's really dedicated. Because she's come so far she can relate to runners of all levels. If you're putting together an all women/all blogger grouop for Hood to Coast you need to have Dorothy on your team.
    Thanks, Carly

3. elc@thesweetlife says:

I'm a new reader but was drawn in by your commitment to training for and running Boston, so soon after having your little one!

4. Michelle says:

I read your blog because I love reading about speedy moms who are realistic, maintain balance and have DREAMS.
    A few months back, you did an entire post on DREAM BIG. It completely stuck with me. And it stuck with me at just the right time. I had been training for the Eugene marathon in hopes of qualifying for Boston. (wait–I have to grab kleenex because I get emotional just thinking back to that day). Training was hard this time. I wanted, needed, and desired to PUSH myself….longer runs, speedier times, better eating. But with a full time job and family responsibilities, that dream didn't seem like such a reality. At just the right moment, you blogged about dreaming big. I just dove in, head first for those last few weeks and became content with the fact that I would do all that I could to live my dream of qualifying. It might not be ideal and it might not be what everyone else is doing, but it's my dream.
    The day came. I can't even remember how many times I repeated to myself, "DREAM BIG". That mantra slowly started to change to, "I'VE GOT THIS!" By mile 20, I was picking up the pace and chasing down that dream like a badass mother runner! :) I bawled as I entered the stadium and just kept screaming with utter happiness. You would've thought that I won the race. And guess what, I did. I won MY race. I captured my dream and it was even better than I expected.
    So THANK YOU for keeping it real. THANK YOU for inspiring. THANK YOU for valuing all of us mommies out there. I'd LOVE to see you on the Hood to Coast team representing all that we are capable of as women, moms and bloggers!

5. Bemmons says:

Pick Dorthy…she will do an awesome job on your team! Hood to Coast, she will destroy it. Besides you need a DC Ambassador!

6. You hurdle over obstacles- baby? No problem. Pregnancy? No problem. After baby can I do it-doubts–you flew right over them. You inspire in that you are dynamic but you are also one of us. A mom, a wife, a person. And you do it anyway. In that action alone you make us all believe that we can too and help us pass that fire down to someone else. You should run hood to coast because when you run it, we all run it.

7. Hello Nuun,
    I have an incredible respect for your products and an incredible respect that at the end of the day you help us feel stronger and more capable. While Dorothy Beal's blog isn't something that requires the incredible science at the molecular structure, vast understanding of the human body and how it processes nutrients at various stages of depletion, I do believe her blog is carrying out a parallel mission. The intangible, yet crucial ingredient to sport, are the words that help carry us, push us, keep us from stopping or help us start once again.

Readers, including myself, take little pieces that they may need and shape them into bits and pieces of the fuel that helps them. How to get out the door when the exhaustion of the day is pulling you back in, how to have a bad day, a bad race, and turn it into a learning experience, and how to revel and accept the journey one goes on in their transformation, in Dorothy's case, as a runner. I knew Dorothy before she was a runner, but I'd argue it's always been inside of her. I just happened to get to be there, alongside my friend at a local running shop, when that runner took her first real steps.
    ~ Claire Wood, performance footwear PLM, New Balance

8. Samantha says:

Put this woman on the team a.s.a.p.

I've been reading her blog for a few months now and to say she is an "inspiration" is an understatement. The post that really got me was when she clocked a super fast run on only a couple hours of sleep all while pushing a DOUBLE baby stroller. She is a NO EXCUSES kind of runner.

p.s. – that was super cool that EMZ gave you a shout out :)

9. Christy says:

Although I haven't been a reader for long, she is definitely one of my favorites that I read daily! I love her blog for many reasons but the primary reason is because she is real! She is a Mom of three trying to balance her dreams, training and family life! To know that I'm not the only Mom out there that is committed to this crazy life helps in so many ways! True inspiration on so many levels!!!!

10. Clare - Never Niche says:

I am a novice runner and currently nursing runner's knees in both legs and I constantly feel defeated about running again. Dorothy is an incredible inspiration because she didn't become the amazing runner she is overnight AND she still manages to PR even during stroller runs! I can't imagine a better representative.

11. I am a beginner runner and will prolly be forever someone who is always learning to run. Reading your blog and following you on twitter reminds me that I don't have have to be a beginner runner, if you can book it in a stroller. Anyone can!

Good luck!

12. Ashley Claire! says:

Dorothy, when you mentioned "rhyme" in your post that gave me an idea. Here's a letter in poem form! I can redo if this is too ridiculous/cheesy:

Dear Nuun,
    I know the perfect person to be a part
    Of your Hood-to-Coast relay team.
    She’s full of energy, hard work and heart!
    Feasible! It’s what she makes the impossible seem.

I began reading her blog in 2009,
    Convincing me I could train for my first marathon.
    I immediately felt like she was a friend of mine,
    And she inspired me to keep running long.

I look forward to each of her blog posts,
    Whether it’s about a race or overcoming self-doubt.
    She’s helped me learn how to make the most
    Of every run and of each work out.

Dorothy Beal has helped me understand
    That you should never put limits on yourself.
    Races are rarely exactly what you trained for, planned,
    They’re about more than adding another medal to your shelf.

There’s a village behind every runner, she has said,
    And there’s a journey behind every race.
    It may be a solo sport – just a runner and her head,
    But the whole process is something you must embrace.

Every run is a blessing, Dorothy often writes.
    And every disappointment is a chance to rebound.
    Her readers have seen her reach new goals and heights –
    And know that running can also turn their lives around.

Dorothy would help a relay team thrive,
    She would cherish every step from hood to coast.
    She would run her heart out and she would strive
    To help her teammates demand the most –

The most out of themselves and of each other,
    And she would lead others to savor every stride.
    This relay race to her wouldn’t be just another
    Accomplishment to boost her pride.

Nuun would be at a loss to overlook Dorothy Beal –
    She would set your team on fire!
    She would satisfy her purpose with zeal–
    Which is always to inspire.

13. SupermomE12 says:

Nuun would be lucky to have Dorothy Beal on their Hood to Coast team. Why? She is wicked fast, tough as nails, kind and caring, a natural mother (those relay vans need at least one mothering type), a great friend, and a true inspiration. She will not only represent Nuun well by running hard and performing well, but she will be so much fun for the other team members and will certainly inspire all around her.

14. Elizabeth says:

Dorothy provides both informative and inspirational material in her blogs. I always look forward to what she has to say. She's been on an incredible journey and has a lot of valuable insight to share. I think Dorothy would be the perfect addition to the Nuun team!

15. Adrienne says:

Dorothy was a tremendous help as I figured out nursing and marathoning. In fact, she was the only person I reached out to about this and she emailed me back pronto!

16. Nuun.
    you. need. Dorothy.

This woman is a powerhouse of running knowledge.
    Her blog was one of the first running blogs I ever came upon and I followed immediately.

She is caring, helpful, knowledgeable, kind, HAPPY and one hell of a runner.

You. freaking. want. her.

17. Amanda Pushkas says:

I started reading your blog several months ago–when you were at the end of your third pregnancy. I am a mom of two and have been a treadmill runner for probably 13 or 14 years. When I read your blog, i realized I was not running to my potential. Like you, running is imperative for me to function–but you have inspired me to run in a different way. to push myself. to challenge myself. I have run 3 races this spring/summer, have been running outdoors, ran my first timed mile, tried temp runs, and taken so much of your advice about running and running with kids. i'm running a half marathon this fall and next Spring, and hopefully a marathon at some point as well. i often read your posts to my husband. since i've been reading your blog i've gotten faster, safer, and enjoy running in a whole new way. you have truly inspired me and motivated me. Nuun, if you are listening, Dorothy Beal would be an amazing asset to your team–she will inspire her teammates, supporters, and your corporation. Best of luck to you Dorothy and THANK YOU for inspiring me every day.

Amanda Pushkas–Portland, OR, mom of 2

18. Julie D. says:

Nuun,

Look no further. You want Dorothy on your team. I have big dreams as a runner. Whenever I doubt the fact that I can accomplish them, I head straight to Dorothy's blog and take a look at her marathon times from her first of 4:20 to now a PR of 3:21. This woman is authentic, real, knowledgeable, and an inspiration to so many. I have been inspired to DREAM BIG because of Dorothy. She would be an amazing addition.

Julie Delamarter, mom of 3

19. I am brand-new to your blog… but if you really did run while nursing (not at the exact same time necessarily, but like in the same day … you know what I mean!), then you are a total rockstar runner and mom. I hope you get to do this relay and from what I have read in the comments above, the team would be darn lucky to have you on it! Wishing you the very best :)

20. mickiruns says:

Nuun,

You would be downright insane to not include Dorothy on your team.

I'm not writing because she needs my help – I am confident that she has this in the bag. Dorothy is an amazing woman, mother, wife, runner, and follower of God.

She does not sugar coat things, she works hard, and delivers amazing results that some of us can only dream of doing. That is, until we read her blog/twitter and facebook pages. [I hope that last bit didn't make me seem like a stalker – I just like her that much!!]

You would be downright crazy to not include this inspiring individual on your team.

YourTriBerryFlavorRocksMySocks,
    Natalie.

21. carljsamuelson says:

I stumbled across this blog during the speed lace giveaway.
    Been reading it ever since. Not only have I learned proper running/training techniques, I've been fortunate enough to email Dorothy with some questions.

Not only did she take time out of her day to let me email her, she went so far to offer me some personalized training tips. It's this kind of generosity towards others that deserves reward and recognition.

So, to those on the Nuun team, please choose Dorothy as a teammate. She is the embodiment of running today, and I feel lucky to know her / read her blog.

As she always says, "Dream Big". And, if you choose her, you'll help her achieve one of those dreams… And who doesn't like to be called dream maker?

-Carl J Samuelson

22. The Laminator says:

Dear Nuun,

This is the most inspiring bloggy athlete you can have on your team. She's a marathoner, a mom of 3, and writes very thoughtful posts and gives great interviews too! Please let Dorothy be on your team. Thanks.

Lam

23. Sarah J. says:

I love Dorothy! I've been a follower of her blog for months now, but feel like I've been a friend of hers for years! She's inspired, educated and showed us all how to DREAM BIG. When I'm out pushing my two kids in the double jogger, I think about her story. When I'm tired and sick from being 3 months pregnant, I think about her story. And when I think about getting back into running shape AFTER the baby is born, I think about her story. She's a true inspiration to any woman, mom or friend. Go, Dorothy, Go!

24. Dorothy,

I came across your blog when I was training for the Marine Corps Marathon in 2009. With few running friends, your words were an incredible source of insight for me. I also found encouragement and motivation through your blog. With a girl-next-door persona and a larger than life attitude, I feel you give your readers the inspiration to achieve any goal they may set their mind to. Thank you for recording your journey with running and sharing it with all of us. Good luck in all of your future running endeavors, hopefully to include the Hood to Coast Relay.

Karen

25. Rebecca Samson says:

I've been following Dorothy since the beginning and even before that! She'd make an excellent addition to the team. If you are looking for a strong runner with heart and desire then look no further because you've found her!

26. Mile Posts was one of the first running blogs I'd ever read. I remember from the very moment I started reading that Dorothy and I had so much in common, both trying to juggle mommy-hood and our training schedules. She has also been a wealth of knowledge and has no doubt helped me to become a better runner. Her attitude towards goals is always "when I do it" rather than "if I do it" and that sort of confidence is absolutely infectious. Nuun's Hood to Coast team just wouldn't be the same without her!

Good luck, Dorothy!

27. Dorothy would be the most perfect addition to your team! Why?

To sum it up: I want to be Dorothy when I grow up. She is an amazing, strong woman. She's an excellent mom who truly appreciates the gifts her kids are. She's a dedicated, hard-working, talented athlete. And she is a super sweet person. She's reached out to me when I've gone through tough times and has honestly lifted my spirits. She just rocks!

Please pick her. You will not regret it.

Good luck Dorothy!

28. What a lovely idea. Best of luck to you. I read your blog regularly and am certainly inspired by you. In fact, when I'm running and feeling like I just have nothing left, I sometimes think of you and all that you juggle to make running a priority, and I'm able to get there.

Thanks for the inspiration, and I think you'd kick this race's ass. :)

29. elvadiane says:

Dear Dorothy & Nuun,
    I started reading this blog about 2 months ago when one of my running buddies recommend it. It has not let me down. Even though I am not a mom, I still get tons of inspiration & motivation out of it! I can only hope that I will be as strong & determined as Dorothy is when I am mom. I am in awe of all of her accomplishments & how she strives to not settle.
    Keep up the amazing work Dorothy!
    Sincerely,
    Elva Diane

30. NUUN –
    PICK DOROTHY!! I recently found her blog & can't stop reading it. She is awesome & so inspiring. She'd be the perfect member of your team.

ps: my favorite flavor is cola!

31. summerslowrunner says:

Hood to Coast is particularly awesome to me since I'm from Oregon, and I think Dorothy would be an equally awesome addition to the Nuun team. Her blog is informative, funny, inspirational and easy to relate to. Her passion for the running community is evident through her content and dedicated interaction with her readers.

Nuun, you'd be crazy not to have her on your team!

32. runaroundmyblog says:

Dearest NUUN:

You would be making the BIGGEST mistake if you didn't choose Dorothy as an addition to your team. I dream to be a runner like her one day, but to be the kind of runner she is with three babies, now, that's dreaming BIG! She motivates me, inspires me, and honestly, because of her, I've felt good throughout my 9-months of pregnancy while continuing my running. Even though I've never met her in person, I feel like I know her through her writings.

Because of Dorothy, I push myself and motivate myself to be a better runner, mother, and wife!!!

So, PICK DOROTHY!!!! ;o)

33. The Hungry Mom says:

Nuun – I can't think of anyone who would appreciate this opportunity and experience for all that it is more than Dorothy!! She is one of the hardest workers with an incredible passion for running. Sounds like the perfect addition for your team!

34. Hi Dorothy, I stumbled across your blog when I found another blog about preparing steel cut oats in a rice cooker! (dailygarnish) The title of this post caught my attention because I live in the Pacific Northwest and have tons of friends doing HTC.
    I wanted to tell you that you've inspired me to actually *run* in races. You see, I used to be a 'career 5K walker'. My best friend and I would do several fun runs/ races a year and always would walk. But this year, is the start of a new me! Signed up for Cinco De Mayo 5K and PRd at 40:03.8. I actually ran 75% of the time and that is something that I had never done. Thanks to your blog, I've realized that the only thing stopping me from being my best is ME! I appreciate your words of inspiration and honesty. You'll be a great addition to the Nuun team!

35. I read your last Boston Marathon recap while I was figuring out this nursing thing. I'm in total awe of someone who can qualify, train and run a marathon while nursing and maintaining a supply. I think of that post whenever I try to talk myself out of a run or a workout. Surely if you can parent three kids and run marathons, then I can get back into running and take care of my two. You are one of my mommy idols!

Dear Nuun–
    as a nuun user, formerly partially sponsor by you due to my connections with Montrail, as a mom of 1, and a loooonnnnnng distance runner, can i just iterate a few reason why Dorothy should be on your team:
    1. SHE ROCKS–no, i haven't met her in real life… just bloggerland… and i LOVE her blog.
    2. SHE NEEDS TO VISIT OREGON! (i live in oregon).
    3. SHE NEEDS TO BE IN THE PRESENCE OF OTHER FABULOUS WOMEN IN PERSON for some girl time and inspiration of her own!
    4. SHE NEEDS TO BE IN THE PRESENCE OF NUUUUN LOVE!!!!!
    5. she needs this one as a super fun story to tell her kids!!!!!

i could go on and on… but if she's ANYTHING like her blog… and i have pretty solid suspicion she's EXACTLY like her blog, then she typifies EVERYTHING nuun stands for and you simply COULDN'T do better on your team!!!!!!!

kristin z

37. Rick Amernick says:

Dorothy rocks, her blog rocks, and any race, relay team or sponsor she touches is better because she was there and a part of it – learn something from this inspiration!!

Rick Amernick
    President/Founder
    DC Capital Striders Running Group

38. Pick Dorthy! I enjoyed reading her blog, even more now that I am pregnant with my first child. Her blog is a resource for pregnant runners!

39. I have been reading your blog for a few months. I like you have lots of little kids…4 ages 8, 5, 3, and 17 months. I can relate to being tired, overwhelmed with mommy duties, finding time to run, etc. Your dedication to running inspires me to keep plugging along. Your honesty about your body, your struggles during a race, and your victories are awesome! I will never be as fast as you or win races. I am a middle of the pack kind of runner, but you encourage me to believe in myself. I never thought I would run a marathon and I am registered to do my first next March. I truly do think about you running with a double stroller when I get tired and am pushing nothing. Nuun should definitely pick you or they will be missing out on a class act person and runner!

40. You would be a fabulous part of the nuun team for Hood to Coast!

I love nuun, it is my electrolyte drink of choice :)

41. FreeLunch says:

You better pick her for your team or risk the embarrassment of being chicked by a mom pushing a double stroller… :)

42. I am totally inspired by your blog and your running. It makes me believe that I can get faster! I may not get as fast as you because I don't have a running background, but I am always pushing myself and I love reading blogs of other mom runners who do the same. I love that you embrace running with your double jogger and go for PR's in it–so many see it as a weight and burden, but it doesn't have to be. (although we all love those solo runs). I also appreciate that you are real and share your ups and downs. Days where you stress eat, days you don't get to run, days your kids are getting the best of you. but then you wake up the next morning and get your run in–and all is right in the world again!

43. I RUN LIKE A GIRL says:

Nuun,

I met Dorothy at Potomac River Run on May 1 – she won 2nd place female and had an awesome race! I was so inspired by this mother of 3 – she totally rocks and to top it off, she has a killer six pack! :)

Dorothy has inspired me to push my limits and work toward my dreams, she is always offering great advice and willing to help/talk whenever I need her!

When I become a mom, I'm looking to Dorothy for advice, support, workout ideas, etc – she is a true inspiration to us all! :)

VOTE for DOROTHY! She would make an amazing (and speedy) addition to the team!

44. The Samson Family says:

Nuun, I highly recommend Dorothy for your Hood to Coast team! She's the voice for all of us mommy runners who ran while pregnant and nursing, offering advice and encouragement in an arena that rarely gets talked about. And she's an excellent source of information on a variety of other running topics as well. An inspiration to all!

Dorothy,

I recently had my 2nd baby boy via c-section. I played volleyball in college and have struggled since college to find something to fill that competitive hole that has been left in my athletic system. I have tried running and could never get into it because I was always negative self-talking and comparing myself to what I used to be. Now that I have had my baby boy, (and found your blog) I have realized that I need to be grateful for what God has given me and look at exercise and running as a gift. Every day I can get out and move is a gift from God. I don't allow myself to negative self-talk when I run now, instead, I talk to God about all the things that I am thankful for: A healthy body that gave birth to a healthy (10 lb!!!) baby boy. Legs that can move and carry me wherever I need to go. A husband that has recently gotten into running too and for something that we can do together.

You have been inspiring to me as I get back into running and now I actually look forward to running!!!!!! That has never happened before for me. I am dreaming big and trying to get to know myself again as an athlete, realizing that I am still an athlete, and I can set goals and reach them just like before!

Thank you! I hope that Nuun picks you!

-K. E (currently living in South Korea)

46. I hope Dorothy can be part of the nuun team… along with me! 😉 She's got the skills to pay the bills, she's got the drive to make it thrive, she's got the knowledge to… umm… be a college…? Sorry. Guess I can't rhyme either!

Anyway, Dorothy makes me want to run faster and reminds me to appreciate what I've got. I think Dorothy & Phoebe would be a couple of good legs for the Team nuun!

47. When I first found your blog (after the National Half) I couldn't stop reading it. (Like literally, went back and read tons of old posts for hours….) You are an amazing inspiration. I've been running for most of my life (I ran track in HS and College) but have recently taken on marathons. I feel like I am not meant to do them but reading your story gives me hope that anyone can push through pain, test the body and reach their goals. The fact that you have cut off an hour off your time in such a short period of time is so inspiring. You totally deserve a spot on the Nuun team!

Oh and its my goal in the next week or two to do a Timed Mile. Haven't done one since college but I agree with you that they are such a good test.

Dear Nuun,

Dorothy should DEFINATELY be on your Hood to Coast team! Although I've never met her personally, she inspires me every day to set new goals for myself, even if they seem out-of-reach at the time, and that it's ok to have a bad day because the great running days are worth it.

49. Dorothy is seriously impressive and you would be lucky to have her! I am always inspired by her posts! I have never met someone so dedicated to running, her kids and her family!

Are you kidding me? Would Dorothy be a great addition to the Nuun Relay Team? Without question! Dorothy is the kind of person I want my kids to grow up to be. And that is saying a lot. Her reflective attitude on how she goes through her life, the way she treats others, and the priority she puts on a healthy life style are all things about Dorothy that make her an amazing example of the kind of person we all should be making an effort to be.
    The real question here is, would Nunn be so lucky as to have Dorothy represent them on their team? I bet if they asked her she'd say yes because she loves a good challenge, a good product and a good run.

51. Saying Dorothy is an inspiration is an understatement. She is a positive, realistic, amazing, humble, and honest person. She is an unbelievable runner & a great writer. Her blog inspires me to run, be realistic about my training and goals, and reminds me to be the best that I can be each day I am given.
    Dorothy would be a great member to your team!!

52. crewser says:

eek..i wrote a really great comment about a week ago and hit submit and got an error so here is my best attempt to remember what i wrote.

anyway, I am fairly new reader to your blog but in the short time that I have been reading, you have really inspired me. You see, I have been running for a long time, so the sport is not new to me. Of course things change when you add children to the mix. I was always able to run, hit my mileage, get my sleep, eat right, and do all the things you are supposed to do to better your times…that is, until I had my first child. Then I realized that sometimes you have to learn to find time for yourself and to run despite late nights with children, or being exhausted from chasing a little one around all day. Meals are haphazard and life is a lot crazier, but fun too!

But, in reading your blog, I see how you manage to dream big and accomplish your goals as an athlete, all the while being dedicated to your children and your family. It just inspires me to keep up my running and stay motivated to stay in shape to be healthy for myself and my family. So, thank you for continuing to inspire me through your example! Your positive attitude and dedication to your sport/passion would be a great addition to the nuun team!

53. Dorothy is amazing. She's reached out to so many and shown how dedication and determination can bring the accomplishments you desire.

You would be so lucky to have her on your team!

54. You are one of my favorite and one of the most encouraging runners I know. You have given me so much advice and by watching what you have done I knwo that I am not "stuck" at my race times AND most importantly, I know that my life as a runner will not end if/when I decide to have babies.

55. Jessica (The Pace of Me) says:

I have been thinking about what to write here for over a week…every time I sit down to put my thoughts into words I find myself frustrated with the inadequacy of the written word. I just want to stand on top of a mountain and spread my arms out wide and sing "You need to pick Dorothy for your team!!" with as much passion and gusto as I can possibly muster. Dorothy is an inspiring, dedicated, passionate and devoted individual. She is an amazing runner. She would be an incredible and essential member of your team. And she would be so grateful for the opportunity. You will not regret choosing Dorothy for your team! So please please please pick her!!!

56. @TerrysRunning says:

I really enjoy your blog, and I think Nuun would be better off with you on board. And I have a bottle of Nuun tablets in my workout bag right now(first time trying them), due in part to your rave reviews. I think I'm maybe the 3rd male to comment on this, so not your typical demographic(and obviously not a mom :-), but I am a dad of 4), but I enjoy reading your positive entries. I also read some blogs of "elite" runners, but it's harder sometimes to identify with their lifestyles than with someone like yourself. You're like positive peer pressure, reading your posts makes me feel like running; I'm sure you'll have the same affect on your teammates at Hood to Coast!

57. I am always so impressed with how much you're able to juggle and do every day, and with that the incredible things you're able to accomplish. You would be an amazing addition to the team, both for your speedy run times and the support, dedication and positivity you'd bring to the team!

Wow! I've found your blog entertaining and inspiring; but you've got lots of supporters who are gifted writers too. I hope you make the nuun team.

59. Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog says:

Dear Nuun, if all the above wonderful heartfelt and inspiring comments don't sway you I think you are off your rocker. Clearly this lady is one hell of an inspiration to so many and we would love her to inspire us some more and run this relay. PLEASE!!

60. Dear Nuun (and Dorothy),

This woman is amazing! Although I've never met her in real life, I can tell you with all honesty that she never fails to inspire me. Not only is she INCREDIBLY fast, but she is dedicated. All you have to do is read a couple of posts on this blog and you will see her passion for the sport shining through. She pushes herself to run her best – and inspires others to do the same. And the most amazing part of all is…she does it all while also being an amazing mother to three beautiful children. I don't know another person who can run a mile as fast as Dorothy WHILE pushing a double jogging stroller! If THAT doesn't inspire you to get out and start running, I don't know what will!

I can say with all my heart that I know Dorothy will be an excellent addition to the team. Just look at all these commenters who have been singing her praises! She has inspired us, and I know in doing HTC, she will inspire countless more!

Dear Dorothy,

I am a university professor who used to run until being waylaid by plantar fasciitis last year. I reached your blog via Kristin Armstrong's Mile Markers entry about her Boston experience. You had me hooked by your honesty, describing how nervous you were before talking with her, and wondering about the right things to say. It was such a sweet story that I was inspired to read more on your site.

If I were still running, I might be inspired by your running tips. Instead, I am inspired by your positive attitude. You, Kristin, and other running bloggers are a breath of fresh air in a world where the media continually run negative stories: about genuinely sad events, and tabloid nonsense about others' private lives that are not the public's business. Your blog, on the other hand, is filled with cheer and friends and stories about overcoming obstacles (your Boston dehydration story is amazing) and adorable family photos. It is the type of website that leaves one feeling happy rather than discouraged.

So, to Nuun: Dorothy deserves to be on your team because she inspires and uplifts even nerdy, curmudgeonly professors who don't run.

And to your friend Claire: I came to your website via Dorothy's entry about friendship and what you would write to your 18-year-old self. That was such a lovely entry, it brought tears to my eyes. From someone who is much older than you: you are still very young, and have plenty of time to do and have all that you desire. But even when you become much older, you still won't have all the answers. I think we all need to make peace with that and be content with uncertainty.

62. Samantha says:

You are such an inspiration to me! EVERY time I'm running with my twins in the double stroller I think of you and I keep pushing. And, just an FYI to NUUN, you (Dorothy) turned me on to NUUN and now I'm completely hooked!

63. Jessica says:

NUUN should be honored to have Dorothy on their team. Her blog is fabulous! It's honest, touching, inspiring, and sometimes raw. She really is wise beyond her years. I look forward to reading her entries every chance I get.

64. Amy_sussman says:

Dorothy, yes, you do ROCK and yes, you do INSPIRE. Dorothy is my best friend and she will make the best teammate which is why NUUN you should pick Dorothy for your team. She inspires, motivates, encourages and drives me to be a stronger person. Since Dorothy has been writing and blogging about her runs I too have become a happier, faster and stronger runner. She not only is my best friend but she has become a friend to all her readers and she will be the best teammate to the 11 other runners.

65. Dear NUUN, I have known Dorothy since she was 14 years old. I have never met a more fiercely loyal and determined person. Once Dorothy has set her intention on something, there is no stopping her. She does nothing with half of herself. She is somehow continually able to dig down into that deep suitcase within herself and find an extra something to give to whatever cause, whatever race or whatever friend is in need that day. If you want someone on your team that is going to be an instant cheerleader for her teammates and an enthusiastic promoter of your products – look no further. You couldn't make a better choice than to have Dorothy as part of your relay team!

66. Shannon Longendyke says:

Nuun,
    Dorothy will be such an amazing addition to your team. She is incredibly dedicated and gives nothing but 100% at anything and everything she does. I love how she inspires others to not only be better runners, but to better themeselves completely. You DEFINITELY need this girl on your team. :)

67. Liz Elko says:

Okay, so this is perfect timing to write on the topic of Nuun and Dorothy because I just returned from my run in the DC humidity…and I'm sad to report that I nearly collapsed because I was unprepared (read: didn't have my Nuun – I love that stuff!) So first, off, thank you Dorothy for always writing wonderful advice on your blog. Now, if only I could follow it :)
    Knowing Dorothy as a fellow teammate and National Marathon Ambassador, I can confidently say that she radiates positive vibes, and that in itself is truly inspiring. Not only is she all smiles and perky in person, but that comes through in her blog as well, and it makes me remember that running can still be competitive, but needs to be FUN, too. Many runners can get so caught up in race results, PRs and the like, and while there's a time and place for all that, I appreciate that Dorothy knows the deeper, more important meaning behind running and all the blessings that come with being able to do this sport.

68. RunMishiRun says:

Dear Nuun,

I have known Dorothy for almost 12 years now and let me tell you, she would make an UNBELIEVABLE addition to your team. In 12 years, Dorothy has grown into a remarkable woman, mother, runner and friend. Her blog provides running wisdom and inspiration for us all. Her stories show us that we can do it all if we DREAM BIG. As a fellow mother, Dorothy and her blog have provided me with much needed advice regarding running and all things mommyhood. I think all of us readers are much better runners, mothers and people because of her. Please pick her. You won't regret it!

Dear Nuun, fellow followers and any one who has ever met Dorothy…
    I think the first thing that strikes you when you meet Dorothy and start talking to her is her genuine love for all she does. Weather it's running, blogging, being a mother, daughter, grand-daughter, sister, wife and friend you know she wants to be a positive influence on all she comes in contact with. I am in constant awe of her ability to keep things real and in perspective all while training, raising 3 children and running a household. When I look back on my life as a runner and Mom to 4 children I only hope I did as good a job with them as she is doing with her children.
    It goes without saying that I think she would make an excellent member of the Nuun Hood to Coast team. As a member of three relay teams myself I can assure you that at 3am there is no other person I would rather count on handing off to than Dorothy!

70. enthusiasticrunner.com says:

I hope we can be on the Nuun team together!

71. Congrats on making the team! See you in August! :)

72. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?

I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% sure. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kudos