|Yes you can eat a burger and not gain 20 lbs – it’s about balance.|
When I am eating at home I am 99% gluten free. The 1% I am not is because there are SO many items that contain gluten it’s hard to even know. I am learning but it’s a process. I am not going to consume my thoughts with what has gluten and what doesn’t. It is very easy for people to become obsessed with what they eat. I don’t want to live like that.
I also have a lactose sensitivity. If I eat ice cream, I will be in pain, serious pain. This summer I eliminated ice cream all together. I have not drank milk since 2004. I don’t want it. Just the smell of it makes me sick. I try as much as possible to limit eating things that contain lactose and even whey, but like I said I also want to live and don’t want what I eat to consume my thoughts.
What follows is a list [not comprehensive] of what I eat on a weekly and monthly basis. These are the staples of what I eat [when in season].
- Sweet Potatoes
- Quinoa Pasta
- Brown Rice
- Edamame Hummus
- Chopped Fresh Basil [my herb garden]
- Peas [frozen]
- Corn [frozen]
- Brussel Sprouts [fresh]
- Peppers [Yellow & Green]
- Snap Peas
- Green Beans [not cooked]
- Soy Free Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread
- Soy Milk
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Udi’s Gluten Free Bread
- Gluten Free Deli Meat Ham
- Canned Tuna in Water
- Canned Salmon
- Salad/Lettuce [different varieties]
- Dried Unsulfered Papaya
- Egg Whites
- Gluten Free Brownies [Mix – Trader Joe’s]
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies [Mix – Cherrybrook Kitchen]
- Gluten Free Waffles [Trader Joe’s]
- Popcorn [popped at home in a pot with a little bit of canola oil]
- Soy Latte [Starbucks]
- Soy No Water Chai [Starbucks]
- nuun [www.nuun.com]
- Coffee [unsweetened]
- V8 Juice
I have been trying to take vitamins every day. I realize some people think that vitamins don’t work and you should get them naturally in food, but I beg to differ. Vitamins work for me, maybe it is the placebo effect, maybe not. Either way I won’t stop taking them any time soon.
I order most vitamins from Swanson Health. They have better pricing than Target which is where I was typically purchasing them before. If you sign up for their emails they are always sending out coupons for shipping or other discount deals!
- Looking for book suggestions for your Christmas List – check out my suggestions on Amazon – CLICK HERE
- Did you DREAM BIG this weekend? Leave your comment HERE and inspire others!
- If you want to read the post that got me started talking about nutrition – read – To Get Faster You Must Get Skinnier HERE
What is something healthy that you eat every week? Questions?