It sounds crazy to say that I knew October 16th would be my day, but I did. I knew that no matter what my time was it was EXACTLY what was supposed to happen. It was exactly where God wanted me to be on that day, with the perfect timing. Why?

His timing is perfect, when you realize this you can fully TRUST him. If yesterday had not been a PR, I know there would have been one in the future, at the right time. I trusted him with all my heart and with all my understanding.

I had faith. I believed. I DREAMED BIG. I RAN LONG. 3:13:14 will forever be etched on my heart.

Ecclesiastes 3:13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil – this is the gift of God

Proverbs 3:13 Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding

Psalm 31:3 Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.

Here is the split break down. Be ready for many more posts on this race!

A GIANT.HUGE.ENORMOUS thank you to my husband who helped me drag 3 kids to Ohio, to see my best friend, my mom, and run this marathon. I started to feel terrible at around mile 19 and just when I thought I was going to hit the wall I saw him. He ran next to me for over a mile, gave me fresh water, and words of encouragement. He told me I was in the top women and that I could do this. He believed in me and came through for me JUST when I needed him. I am forever grateful.

P.S. This was the first time I have ever seen a mile start with a 6 during a marathon. I am excited for the future and all that is to come.

Comments

1. Those are some beautiful splits! Congrats on such a great day!

2. Lindsay @ Lindsay's List says:

GEEZ! Awesome job, girl!! And to God be the glory!! Thankful that He gives us the ability to do all these things!!

3. Great race! Seemed liked you paced it perfectly… started relaxed, really ran fast in the middle of the race, then stayed tough and strong in those always challenging final miles! Way to go!

4. Carly D. @ CarlyBananas says:

Congrats Dorothy! I'm so happy for you! What an amazing race :)

5. The Fat Kid says:

Awesome! Congratulations on a great race.

6. This is just incredible. Congrats. I just can't stop looking at your splits. Just amazing!

7. Jerilee E. says:

Wow! You are crazy awesome! Fabulous race!

8. carljsamuelson says:

Your PR page still says 3:21:05… I don't think your PR can become official until it's changed on that page! Congrats again!

;^D

9. Rachel McPhillips says:

Way to go, lady!! I am so happy and proud of you! Congratulations!

10. Heather says:

Congratulations!! We must have just missed you finishing – we were there through 3:05 or so!
    Amazing!!!!!

11. Truly and utterly spectacular! I am so very thrilled to watch your journey and inspired to continue my own. You are an amazing woman and an incredible athlete, Dorothy.

12. Congratulations!

13. Congratulations! This is awesome!!

Congratulations! So happy for you.

15. Jennifer says:

Wow! Congratulations!!

16. You are incredible Dorothy! Congrats on an amazing PR!

17. Audrey J. says:

You are unbelievable. I am so incredibly inspired by you and I get excited everytime I see a new posting! :) Congratulations, and may God continue to bless you in so many ways!!!

18. Melissa says:

This 3:13 (2 Peter) made me think of you: But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. You give such great glory to God in your blog and always bring it back to the strength He has given you.What an amazing testimony!
    Romans 12:15 calls us to rejoice with those who rejoice, and I'm rejoicing with you!!!

19. Congratulations!! I have said it on Twitter and Facebook and now here: you are my hero. Those aren't just words. You are a running mommy that I truly admire. I absolutely loved watching you run during Hood to Coast. And while I cannot aspire to be as fast as you, you inspire me to work hard to be MY best.

I loved this post. Enjoy this high for a while. You deserve it.

20. runkatie says:

Dorothy, your blog is amazing. I found it several months ago when you posted about having big dreams. That post is still one of my favorites of all time and a post I read very often.

I am so happy for your race. I had such a strong feeling that you would do well. I am so proud of you!

21. Suz and Allan says:

Wow, you are a rock star! Great job!

22. Congratulations!

23. Danielle says:

Congrats Dorothy! A-mazing! Every post of yours just touches my heart and gives me hope for my own running journey. You are the epitome of true motivation and inspiration. I'm 24, and I just ran my first half marathon last weekend with a 2:13.Go 13s!. Anyway I'm one of the younger, less experienced runners in my running club. So I am still trying to soak everything in and learn everyday. And posts like this give me hope to know that next year with hard work and dedication I can move on up to the full marathon! (and maybe not run a 3:13 but more like 4:13 haha)

24. Jen @ Run for Anna says:

Philippians 3:13

13 … But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.

YOU. ARE. AMAZING. Rejoice in this special gift God has given you. So inspired by you, your running, and your faith. God bless and congratulations!

25. Zaneta says:

You are freakin fast!! lol… I'm so glad you had a great race! :) that half/full split was mentally challenging for me… I couldn't get out of my head after that :(

26. thethinksicanthink says:

I hope you write more about it because I want to hear all about it! CONGRATULATIONS!

27. Congrats Dorothy!

28. Jess @ Blonde Ponytail says:

Congratulations Dorothy!!! What an amazing time!!!!!!!

29. Wow! Great time! Congrats! Hard work and dreaming big sure does pay off!!

30. Allison says:

Amazing. Simply amazing!!!! Congrats!

31. Congrats!! Awesome job!! You inspire me :)

32. Laura says:

I just found your blog this weekend and have become inspired by you as well! I'm 27 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby and running for the 1st time pregnant. It has become a passion of mine and I WANT to so badly to improve as a runner. I plan on looking to your blog for advice and inspiration.

Congrats again! You are an amazing runner!

33. Billie says:

Congrats on the amazing time!

You ran an amazing time and had a great race, but this post rubs me the wrong way.

35. Congrats Dorothy!!! I'm so insanely proud of you! You are such an inspiration- You've taken off over an hour off your marathon time… that is seriously so impressive!!!

36. Precious says:

Seriously, you are an inspiration! I'm training for my first half (only started running this year), and reading blogs like yours and your race reports – it really inspires me and shows me what real hard work and dedication can bring! I said congrats on Twitter, but really, 3:13 is something huge to be celebrated. So Congrats again!! You go girl! :)

37. Megan @ On The Road Again says:

Congrats, Dorothy! You are all kinds of awesome in my book and such an inspiration to running moms everywhere!

38. Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog says:

Great job Dorothy! That is so awesome and I can't wait to read the full write up, super inspiring!

39. Caroline says:

Congratulations to you!
    Really fantastic race!
    Ignore the negative people.
    they are not worth you time.
    We are all happy for you, we the ones with a name…you know…

40. Allison says:

Congratulations on your great race!

41. Any mile with a 6 in front of it is a dream come true! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

42. Rebecca Samson says:

Congrats Dorothy! So very proud of you and this amazing accomplishment. The sky is the limit. Can't wait to hear more! xoxo

43. David H. says:

Excellent race. Congrats!

44. Melissa says:

I just got chills reading this post. Amazing, simply amazing.
    Well done!

45. Congrats Dorothy, this is honestly phenomenal, you are inspirational to me and think you did beyond amazing!

46. Kristin Miller says:

Simply amazing. Congrats on a well deserved race. I was following your Twitter fret and I was freaking out for you. How crazy! Glad that everything worked together for GOOD!

47. Christine says:

you are unstoppable. congrats on the race of your life. but i can't wait to see what other goals you will set now!

i'm waiting for "my day" and to bring down my half/full times. you give me so much HOPE!

3:13- just phenomenal.

xoxo
    christine @ http://www.thesehappymiles.com

48. Kristen says:

So amazing Dorothy! Congrats on a new PR and a great race!

49. Sarah J. says:

Wow! You are crazy amazing!!! So, so proud of your accomplishment. Hope you celebrated BIG! :)

50. Kristin says:

I believe that the verse most applicable to your present situation is that listed below.

Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.

(Proverbs 27:2)

51. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SO excited and happy for you! Wonderful! CONGRATULATIONS! Awesome. Awesome.

I was thinking about you as I was running the half. You are an inspiration to me!

52. Christine says:

CONGRATS!!! This is amazing, you are an inspiration!!!

53. Julie D. says:

You are amazing. Congrats and you are truly an inspiration. Thank you. I'm sorry for the person above who quotes Proverbs 27:2. I find it somewhat confusing and sad for them. I really hope I'm interpreting it wrong :) Keep doing what you are doing, Dorothy. Way to go!!!

54. Congratulations!!! Can I be like you when I grow up :)

Those splits are beautiful. Start slow, finish fast and pull out some super rock star 6:xx's in the middle. Craziness!

55. RainStorm says:

What an amazing time! Well done :)

56. If some one needs expert view concerning running a blog then i
    advise him/her to visit this blog, Keep up the pleasant
    job.

57. For Chris & Raegan, this coming year they each will be receiving a $50 gift card to Gamestop, given that they will each be
    getting a new DS, and can want to pick some games for it.
    But wth the a solid release date for Mass Effect 2, at the very least we have something to consider in the first month of next year.
    it really is possible that you’re walking lower rates in your jumbo mortgage as well.

58. Woah I enjoy your site content, bookmarked! My wife and i loved your posts.

59. My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post’s to be just what
    I’m looking for. Does one offer guest writers to
    write content available for you? I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write related to here.
    Again, awesome blog!

60. My partner and I stumbled right here by a different website and thought I
    might check things out. I like what I see thus I am just following you.

61. I simply started reading and I’m glad I did.
    You’re an incredible blogger, among the best that I’ve seen. This weblog undoubtedly has
    some facts on topic that I just wasn’t mindful of.
    Thank you for bringing this stuff to light.

62. This website is fantastic, very excellent as well as packed with great written content.

63. Vraiment sympa ce post. Est-ce que vous êtes sur Facebook ?
    J’aimerais vous suivre pour ne pas rater les prochains articles.

64. What’s up to every one, it’s really a good for me to go to see this web page, it includes precious Information.

65. investment in Sri Lanka has rapidly increased during the 1990s and the
    first years of the 20th century. Dry, cracked feet can be the source of extreme pain and possible infection for those who suffer
    from this problem. The Island of Sri Lanka is completely enriched with natural resources especially
    it is famous for its culture and tradition.

66. Hello. fantastic job. I did not anticipate this. This is a impressive story.
    Thanks!

67. But what are the factors you need to consider when looking for the best pest insurance plans.
    Pet insurance can help you afford the veterinary care that your pet needs, and help alleviate the expenses needed for your pet’s health.
    The reason I have told this story is to highlight the very important fact
    that Insurance for your Dog is an absolute must and priority.

68. The First Amendment also does not protect from use of obscenity, fighting
    words, defamation, incitement to lawless action, true
    threats and solicitation to commit crimes. These attorneys aren’t cheap, but the chances that they’ll get your case dismissed
    or get you a reduced sentence is virtually assured.
    Based on statistical reports, an average of 32 alcohol-impaired drivers per day are responsible for vehicular road accidents.

69. Hi there Dear, are you really visiting this web page regularly,
    if so afterward you will definitely obtain fastidious knowledge.

70. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was
    curious what all is required to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost
    a pretty penny? I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% positive.
    Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

71. * Argentum niticum, or silver nitrate, is
    used for people experiencing nervousness, grief, agitation and fear.
    It is a unique blend of fairytale and fact in the Buddhist teachings that can be found today.
    While you do want to have an elegant wedding, it doesn have to cost a fortune.

72. Just being able to give yourself some down time to unwind and relax
    is a healthy habit. Some of the top searches on Yahoo are “what is a massage like”, “what happens during a massage”, and “what is a deep tissue massage. A Sarasota, FL massage spa recommends getting regular massage treatments to keep your mind and body healthy and free from stress.

73. Amazing! Its actually remarkable article, I have got much clear idea about from this
    article.

74. He is well aware of all the official documents and formalities regarding a case.
    The downside is these funds cannot be added to, except with other
    qualified funds. The constitutionality of DUI implied consent
    law has been fiercely debated for years.

75. Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Appreciate it

76. If chemical products are involved you can use the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) provided online
    and print it off. Sometimes the outlet can function well most
    of the time, even though the wiring has not been installed correctly.
    He has been selected to lecture to trial lawyers by the American Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association and Middlesex County Bar Association.

77. I’ve read article after article on generating leads, what works and what
    doesn’t; and now I’m going to share that information with
    YOU. Well, blog writing is an art, which you need to learn to become a
    successful blogger. Race cars with total attention to details win races, and traders who have all aspects of their trading.

78. wonderfful post, very informative. I wonder whhy the opposite experts off this sector don’t understabd this.
    You should continue your writing. I’m sure, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!

79. I am not sure where you are gettikng your information, butt
    great topic. Ineeds to spend some time learning more or understanding more.

Thanks for magnificent information I was looking for this information for my mission.

80. So, if you have the right products and still finding getting right clientele then this the time when you should check
    your business promotion tools. Combining keywords strengthens your
    ranking as well. Affordable SEO services should accomplish results within a couple of
    months.