This morning I got a VERY exciting tweet from my friend and coaching client Tess.
I love it for many reasons.
One of the reasons is because through coaching, Tess and I have become friends, it felt extra special that she was the one who told me. She is a beautiful soul and I feel blessed to have her in my life.
The second reason is because it was on my LIFE BUCKET LIST.
- be mentioned in Runner’s World
Dreams can and do come true. Often times dreams or opportunities can arise and be fulfilled when you least expect them.
This past weekend was hands down one of the best weekends ever. I didn’t think it could get any better after Saturday – interviewing Shalane [http://www.mile-posts.com/2012/10/this-happened-an-interview-with-shalane-flanagan.html], meeting some Runner’s World people I hadn’t yet met, and chatting with others who I already knew.
I was giddy when Bart Yasso was telling his co-workers that I had a great blog and his favorite post was the post that I talked about how awesome it was meeting him until I saw Meb and freaked out. Hilarious that Bart actually read my post and even more hilarious to me because – yes – I was indeed excited about hanging out with Bart until I unexpectedly saw one of my favorite runner’s Meb. Bart I still love you too – wink.
Bart Yasso – http://www.mile-posts.com/2010/05/bart-yasso.html
Running Into One Of American’s Fastest Men – http://www.mile-posts.com/2010/05/running-into-one-of-americas-fastest-men-meb.html
I can’t stress this enough. No DREAM is too big. I’m not saying it’s easy to chase DREAMS. It can be incredibly hard but that is what makes it so rewarding in the end.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. ~ Henry David Thoreau
When a BIG DREAM comes true. Do you give up? Or DREAM BIGGER?
Added to my bucket list:
One day I hope to have an article written by me in Runner’s World.
CRAZY BIG DREAM – be a RW blogger.
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!! If you are running New York City Marathon – GOOD LUCK and be safe. I have decided OVER MUCH THOUGHT to defer my entry to next year so I can fully experience all that the New York City Marathon has to offer!
Want more Mile Posts?
Want more Mile Posts, Shalane, Runner’s World or Nissan Innovation For Endurance:
- Mile Posts on twitter – @mileposts
- Mile Posts on pinterest – http://pinterest.com/mileposts/
- Mile Posts on facebook – http://www.facebook.com/irunthisbody – if you enjoy Mile Posts on facebook suggest the page to your friends!
- Mile Posts on instagram – http://web.stagram.com/n/mileposts/ or @mileposts
- Nissan Innovation For Endurance on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/innovationforendurance
- Nissan Innovation For Endurance on the web: http://innovationforendurance.msn.com/
- Nissan Innovation For Endurance on pinterest: http://pinterest.com/nissanife/
- Nissan Innovation For Endurance on twitter: https://twitter.com/NissanIFE
- Shalane Flanagan on the web: http://www.shalaneflanagan.com/
- Shalane Flanagan on twitter: https://twitter.com/ShalaneFlanagan
- Shalane Flanagan on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShalaneFlanagan
- Runner’s World on twitter: https://twitter.com/runnersworld
- Runner’s World on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/runnersworldmagazine