My mind goes 100 miles an hour when I’m running. Thought after random thought flits through my head…..
- Today’s run was extra awful. 6 miles pushing both boys in the heat, humidity and up and down hills just wasn’t fun. There was no breeze and I seriously wanted to quit every single darn mile.
- Stopping at mile 5 to get Starbucks made the run a little better. Note: I am not one bit embarrassed walking into Starbucks in a sports bra dripping sweat. Just pretend I’m wearing a shirt if it bothers you.
- I am however embarrassed when I walk in the grocery store in a sports bra and it’s FREEZING. Not an attractive look. BUT hey – I needed apples and didn’t want to have to drive to the store.
- I’ve had a pretty good week workout wise
- Monday I ran 3 easy miles on the treadmill as a warm up for kettlebell swings with my RKS Workout DVD. Today is the first day that I am not walking funny from being so sore. Never underestimate workout DVD’s – you can get a legit workout from them.
- Tuesday I ran 8 miles pushing baby C. Was trying to run out the soreness from Monday – didn’t happen.
- Wednesday I woke up sore again – so I took a rest day.
- Thursday was Miles’s last day of pre-school – so Colton and I headed out for our last solo run together for awhile. I ran Garmin-less – it was terrible [I'll be posting more about this later] – I’m guessing we ran 7 miles. Yes I did cry at Miles’s school and I’ve actually gotten teary eyed a couple of times today about it.
- We leave for the beach tomorrow and I couldn’t be HAPPIER. I can’t believe it’s been exactly a year since we were all there last. I also can’t believe everything that has happened in the past year. It’s seriously unreal and beyond anything I could have imagined. Sure I have some pretty crappy days – more often than I’d like to admit – but overall days like today really help me to take a step back and remember EVERYTHING awesome that has happened. I need to dwell less on the negative and rely more on the positive to get me through rough patches.
- I’ve been drinking ZICO Coconut Water and Eruption Energy Drink and am really enjoying both of them. I feel WAY more hydrated than I normally do.
- I got my Believe I Am Training Journal in the mail today. BE JEALOUS. It beyond rocks. I don’t often tell people that they NEED to buy something but if you are a journal type girl – YOU NEED TO BUY THIS. I have one of their sweatshirts and LOVE it.
- My Road Noise Vest came today and I was jumping for joy! L.I.T.E.R.A.L.L.Y – can’t wait to wear this bad boy on stroller runs. It will be nice to have a little something to help keep me motivated. [I don't listen to music with headphones on stroller runs for safety reasons - if you do - that's great - not judging - I just think IT'S NOT SAFE for me and my kids ]
- I’m on instagram now! Are you? Shoe pictures are my current favs! mileposts is my user name if you want to follow!
Are you doing anything fun for the holiday weekend? Racing? DREAM BIG RUN LONG my friends! xoxo