It’s March 5th and I can already tell you that 2012 has been my best year yet. I’m so thankful and blessed for so many reasons!

I am living in a dream world today.

It wasn’t easy. In fact I will say it was HARD. The hardest marathon of my life to date, but I didn’t give up when I wanted to. I pressed on and didn’t ease up. I ran and ran not so I could say I was #1 but so when I went home and my little people asked me if I won [they do this for every race] I could say to them YES. YES Mommy REALLY DID WIN. #1.

3:11:26 – First overall female

Thank you so much for all your emails, tweets, texts, blog messages and facebook messages. THEY REALLY HELPED. Race recap coming this week.

I want to leave you with this thought. Don’t listen to people who tell you a DREAM is TOO BIG. Only listen to those that encourage. You may find yourself in the situation where you are the only person who believes in the beauty of your dream. That is okay. Do not go where others go, lead don’t follow – set your own path in life and go after it with all that you have.

In 2004 I ran a 4:56 marathon – it wasn’t easy by any means. It was my slowest marathon to date and I could have hung up my running shoes. Instead of discouraging me – it inspired me. It inspired me to push and get the sub 4 hour marathon I had dreamed of. In 2005 I ran 3:59:52 barely getting in under my 4 hour dream. Now in 2012 I find myself dreaming of a sub 3 hour marathon. I know this dream seemed CRAZY when I said it when I was a 3:31 marathoner but the closer I get to that goal the less it seems crazy.

Promise me that you will always remember to DREAM BIG whether that means going for that job you never thought you would get, going back to school and getting your masters, starting a family, moving to a new state or going under 3 hours in the marathon.

If we don’t DREAM we miss out on AMAZING things that life has to offer.

I love my Chloe Raine

**If you have 2 minutes I would SOOOO appreciate your vote for Fitness Magazines Best Running Blog. They make you create an account which takes about a minute. If you unclick all the emails you will only get a welcome email and nothing else. I know it’s a lot to ask but it’s the only way to vote and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE your vote :) Dream BIG – right??

Comments

1. Chantal says:

OMG!!! Congratulations, I’m so proud and so happy for you… YOU are the BEST!

I will remember to dream BIG….

2. RunnerKatie says:

Just wanted to say congrats! What an inspiring story! I’m running my 1st marathon as a Mom in (less than!) two weeks, and I have enjoyed reading your blog all through my training.
    Job well done! Thanks for sharing your story!

3. RunnerKatie says:

@ RunnerKatie:

Oh, and I voted for you!

4. This is amazing and totally not surprising because you worked for it and trained hard to achieve your dream. Keep going, keep working, and the sub-3 will be reality.

5. OH MY GOODNESS. Congratulations, Dorothy. I knew you could do it. You are such an amazing inspiration. That sub 3 WILL happen someday. I thought of you when out for my first 18 miler which went OUTSTANDING. Congrats again and I most definitely will be voting :)
    Karla @ myhighonlife. recently posted..A Weekend to Go Down into the BooksMy Profile

6. Mollyberries says:

I can NOT wait to read the entire recap. But this post made me tear up a little bit. You are SUCH an inspiration! Savor this victory, you have worked SO very hard for it! (PS I voted! :) if anyone deserves that award, it’s you!)

7. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So proud of you and excited for what the rest of 2012 has in store for you. I loved the finish line shot- what a great moment for you.
    Tasha @ Healthy Diva recently posted..Blur of a week….My Profile

8. AHHHHHHH!!! Congrats again my friend. You are such an inspiration!! I can’t wait to read the full recap. And I’m so incredibly psyched for Boston. 2012 is your year!
    Lauren recently posted..Running “on a Tilt”My Profile

9. What a tremendous jump in times over the years, that is so inspiring! I’m hoping for 3:30 next time, and love your motto to dream big. I’ll head over to vote, too. :)
    Laura recently posted..For the love of runningMy Profile

10. CONGRATS! You are amazing!

I could not agree with you more about DREAMING BIG! I ran my first marathon in the 5:20ish range and qualified for Boston last year with a 3:43. I’ll be at the start line of Boston in 6 short weeks! It’s a dream come true for me!

I never stopped dreaming about BQing. People used to laugh when I told them I wanted to qualify. I didn’t care, I kept on working hard and dreaming big :)

11. Congratulations, you are a great inspiration!

12. AMAZING! You are such an inspiration to me! :-)
    Malinda recently posted..Jeff Galloway on Race DisappointmentMy Profile

13. CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is incredible! And you WON!!! Even more amazing. Can’t wait to read the full recap!

14. You are amazing! Congratulations and thank you for the Monday morning encouragement!
    Jess @ Fit Chick in the City recently posted..Say it, Do it! {Flying is Possible}My Profile

15. This post made me get teary-eyed like a total woman!

What an inspiration you are. Many congrats!
    Holly recently posted..What’s on TapMy Profile

16. in·spire[in-spahyuhr] Show IPA verb, -spired, -spir·ing.
    verb (used with object)
    1. to fill with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence: His courage inspired his followers.
    2. to animate, as an influence, feeling, thought, or the like, does: They were inspired by a belief in a better future.
    3. Dorothy B., http://www.mile-posts.com/: Dorothy is the most inspiring runner and mother! I admire her so!
    Gwen recently posted..Hoarding for the Win!My Profile

17. Congratulations! So aspiring! Now maybe I’ll get off my rear end and go for a run!

So happy for you!

18. SO awesome, Dorothy! You did an amazing job. And nothing worth doing comes easy, right? All that hard work paid off for you.

I have done B & A 1/2 many times and wish I had gone yesterday to see you win!
    misszippy1 recently posted..That 20 rocked!My Profile

19. WOW! Congrats lady!!! Bask in this glory as long as you can!!!!

20. Way to go girl. You are a true inspiration.
    Keep living the dream.
    Missy recently posted..Well that’s not what I had plannedMy Profile

21. seejayess says:

You dreamed it; you trained for it; you achieved it.
    You. Are. An. Inspiration.

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!
    seejayess recently posted..My first post!My Profile

22. AMAZING! That’s so great, Dorothy! I was waiting to see how it went and well, congratulations. Ride this high for a long time, mama!
    Ericka @ The Sweet Life recently posted..10 Ways to Fight Afternoon FatigueMy Profile

23. congratulations! I was thinking of you yesterday knowing that you would be awesome!

24. Omg Dorothy! Congrats! You are without a doubt my biggest inspiration! You show hard work really does payoff. I know a sub-3 is in your future girl :)

25. Ahhh that picture of you crossing the finish just made me cry at my desk. I’m sooooooooo happy for you & I love that you were able to tell your kids that you won. You’ll hit that sub-3 goal before you know it!
    Carly D. @ CarlyBananas recently posted..9 Minutes and 34 Seconds Faster – My B&A Trail Half PR StoryMy Profile

26. Congrats Dorothy! I’m so proud and excited for you!! xo
    melody recently posted..Boston Marathon Training {week 9}My Profile

27. Congrats!!! Insanely proud of you!!! And love that you ran 3:ELEVEN! ELEVEN FOREVER! Looking forward to the recap! xo
    Lizzy recently posted..Restaurant Review: Tomasso Trattoria & EnotecaMy Profile

28. HOLY COW WOMAN!!!!!! WOWZERS!! nothing I can say could possibly live up to how you must feel. wowow.
    Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Driving into Doomsday in the Pussy Wagon.My Profile

29. Congratulations! You are awesome!

30. Yet another reason why I love your blog — this post could’ve (dare I say, should’ve?) been all about YOU! You trained hard, you raced hard, and YOU WON and PRd! True to form you made it about others — your readers — and turned it to inspiring us and our goals.

Thank YOU!

31. Congrats again! I saw you and cheered as you ran thru our water stop — one you pass twice, I think we were around miles 5 and 9?

Anyway, that’s my dear friend (and race director) Donna giving you your award. I’m so happy for you!
    Lauren @ mostly i run recently posted..the new ‘doMy Profile

• Mile Posts By Dorothy Beal says:

Lauren – did you read the post about why B & A means so much to me? I’ll NEVER forget Donna [even though I don't know her]. AND I remember you cheering for me!! It was so nice seeing a pretty smiling face – I was beyond miserable. xoxo

32. Congrats! I can’t wait to read the whole recap! I missed my DREAM BIG half goal by 34 seconds yesterday! I look forward to tacking it again next running season!

I voted for you too!
    Carissa recently posted..Fit2Flex 50 Challenge – Week 3My Profile

33. Awesome job! It was obvious that you were primed and ready for this (physically and mentally), but its still so hard for everything to come together the right way in a marathon – you did it, and you should be feeling really great right now! Congratulations!!!
    Jake recently posted..A relaxing weekend in fake SwitzerlandMy Profile

34. You are amazing! Congratulations!
    Caitlin @ Chasing a Mile recently posted..Looking Forward to a New WeekMy Profile

35. @ Mile Posts By Dorothy Beal:
    I missed that one … amazing story. Donna’s probably the most generous person I’ve ever met. This race always sells out due to the strict limit (otherwise the trails couldn’t handle the volume), and there area always tons of people that drop the ball and beg her for entry. You got lucky that year :)

36. You are awesome!

37. Congratulations!!! You are a rockstar and so inspirational. WAY TO GO!!!
    Lizzie recently posted..Comfort FoodMy Profile

38. You are amazing…. I never get tired of hearing about your achievements. You remind me to never use the word impossible. I have people around me right now saying that’s not possible and some who are snarky and have become distant with me. It hurts but I am reminded by you not to listen. You are wise beyond your years Ms. DT. I am moving back to California this summer and am sorry I never got to know you. I am acquainted with some in your circle/ neighborhood and am so inspired by all of you. A huge congratulations to you.
    Lisa @ RunWiki recently posted..Save vs. Splurge Spring Marathon Outfit Part 2My Profile

39. Holy goodness!!! I was so sad because by time I went to sign up for the B&A Half it was already sold out! I thought of you yesterday. It’s really inspiring that you’ve been able to take your time from sub 5 hours to nearly sub 3 hours. You’re almost as fast as Lance Armstrong and he won some little bike race SEVEN times.

You go girl!

40. Congrats, you totally deserved such an amazing time!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner recently posted..Homeless Man Stole My SAGMy Profile

41. Congratulations on an outstanding achievement!!
    Truly inspiring.

42. Congrats to you!!! I am so inspired by your progress!! DREAM BIG!!!
    Kim recently posted..March Monday Menu PlanMy Profile

43. OMGosh this whole entire blog post made my heart smile.
    right down to the picture at the end.

xoxo
    Miz recently posted..Kitchen Workout Challenge sponsored by Egg BeatersMy Profile

44. Ahh!!! I’m so effing happy for you!!! I love your attitude, love love love how you mentioned where you started and where you are now. So proud of you!!! WTG! What a fantastic day. You earned this and now it’s time to celebrate!
    Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane recently posted..Savannah LoveMy Profile

45. Congrats Dorothy, that’s awesome!

46. Congratulations! You continue to inspire me! I cannot wait to read your recap!
    Michelle @ Running with Attitude recently posted..February RewindMy Profile

47. Congrats!! my first marathon was 4:55:11, I am hoping to one day get down under 4 hours. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Sarah recently posted..The Chef’s TableMy Profile

48. How thrilling Dorothy! CONGRATULATIONS! You won a marathon–amazing!!
    Jess @ Blonde Ponytail recently posted..New Protein: Vega One ShakeMy Profile

49. Oh my gosh – you’re incredible. Congrats! You deserve it. :D
    Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Let’s Try That AgainMy Profile

50. Wow!!! Incredible. Congrats!!! Can’t wait to read the recap
    Stephanie recently posted..The Privilege of RunningMy Profile

51. Amazing!! Congratulations!!

52. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

You are so inspiring. I am a mom of 1 and hope to have more children some day. Seeing all of your progress keeps me inspired and reminds me that mo matter what goals I set I can keep chasing them and they are reachable. My first marathon made me hungrier for more too and now that I hit the bq goal, I am dreaming of a 3:15 next.

Thank you for keeping us all inspired!!!!
    Colleen recently posted..Where I AmMy Profile

53. This is just the coolest, Dorothy! Way to go!!!!
    XLMIC recently posted..Challenges…and a Virtual RaceMy Profile

54. Nothing crazy at all about that goal. I say if you can dream it, you can conquer it!

55. Wow – so amazing!! Having just (finally) broken through that 4 hour marathon, I need to set a new goal. I love your encouragement to dream big – I’m thinking 3:45 is next on my “wish list”, I’ll just keep pushing the envelope a little more each race!
    Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..Race Recap: New Orleans Marathon (Part 1)My Profile

56. Amazing, Dorothy – a PR AND a win! I really am inspired to “watch” you run; thank you for sharing your journey with us! :D
    Bonnie recently posted..Benefits of Functional MovementMy Profile

57. Way to go, Dorothy!!!! So proud of you! You did it!!
    Allison recently posted..I’m Not DeadMy Profile

58. CONGRATULATIONS Dorothy! That is an incredible accomplishment and phenomenal time – own this and cherish it

59. Huge congrats my friend! I am so happy for you and proud of you!!! I hope you are celebrating. :)
    Erin recently posted..Find your inner SupermanMy Profile

60. I thought about your quote “I run my body- not the other way around” during my last 10K of my marathon yesterday. Looking forward to reading your recap. I love your expression as you crossed the finish line. You look like you truly gave it your all. Great, great race!!
    Tia @ Arkansas Runner Mom recently posted..Little Rock Marathon- Race ReportMy Profile

61. WOW!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!
    Meredith recently posted..A Blustery RunMy Profile

62. Wow! Amazing race! This may just push me to really sign up for my first Marathon! Dream big or go home, right? Congrats!!!

Congrats…this is what dreams are made of!!!

64. Soooo proud of you. That wind sounds brutal but you have the toughness of steel. You are so inspiring! Congrats!!!!

65. You are awesome! You deserve every bit of this glory! That wind was brutal but you toughed it out. Congrats!!! And awesome finish photo.
    Elizabeth Clor recently posted..A Timely PostMy Profile

66. RebekahFo says:

Voted! You inspire me so much. My sister and I love your blog and we dreamed big and PR’d in the half yesterday with a 1:34:08. Yay us! And yay you! For realz.

67. Wow. WOw. WOW!!!!! You are so awesome! Congratulations on having the guts to dream big and the bigger guts to get it done. Can’t wait to read the recap!!!!
    Maureen @ Go Iron Mo recently posted..Calamity MoMy Profile

68. Congrats on an amazing feat!!! You are a rock star ! I can’t wait to hear more about the race. Oh yeah , and first place to boot! Did you ever even imagine that you would be in this position after your first marathon ? Wow…

69. congrats dorothy! so so so excited for you! knew you could do it! :) :)
    courtney recently posted..birthday trip to NYC pt.1 :DMy Profile

70. YOU ARE SO AMAZING!!! you WON a marathon! its time for you to update that little blurb under your picture…you are now a 3:11 marathoner!! congrats girl!

71. Congratulations, it must mean a lot to you!
    Zinedine recently posted..Are Gay People Born This Way ?My Profile

72. Congratulations! I’m thankful for you and your willingness to blog about your experiences, your optimism, and your encouragement. 3:11 is BADASS! :)

73. Congratulations! You are so amazing and inspiring. I’m so happy for you.
    Carrie recently posted..Winner!My Profile

74. Michelle says:

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!! So amazing!!! Hard work totally pays off! You can do anything. How many people are actually friends with someone who won TWO marathons???? hehe

75. Congratulations! Sounds like it was a pretty great day.
    Allison recently posted..Friday FourMy Profile

76. Congratulations! This is amazing, great race! And you can totally run a sub 3:00 :)
    Beth @ RUNNING around my kitchen recently posted..Giveaway!My Profile

77. This was INCREDIBLY inspiring to read. I’ve been following along to your story on twitter but after hearing that you WON this marathon, I had to come read it for myself. How amazing are you?? AMEN to dreaming BIG!!
    Jess recently posted..60 days until 13.1 – let’s roll!My Profile

78. Congratulations!! That is AMAZING! I love this post. Your story truly is inspirational. Love love your daughter’s drawing too.
    Christine @ Love, Life, Surf recently posted..Scenes from My Weekend – Aerial ViewMy Profile

79. I agreed with TIFF @ LOVE SWEAT AND BEERS. Thank You!
    hcpcs codes recently posted..HCPCS CodesMy Profile

80. I could not agree more!! I am a big dreamer and encourage my children to be the same. I have been a diploma RN for 14 years and in May I will have my BSN, next is my Masters to become a Family Nurse Practitioner. All of this while juggling working full-time, being a mom of 2, wife, Stand Ambassador for Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, and runner. I dream big and never give up!! Love this post and congrats on your amazing time!! So inspirational!!
    Jolene recently posted..RejectionMy Profile

81. * A sitemap to navigate your website is helpful for
    visitors to access main pages. It has the highest ROI (Return of Invesment) in all advertisement channels.
    Any time you create new content or share new links on your website or blog, be
    sure to do so by diversifying all of the link and anchor text you implement, regardless
    of the market you represent or the industry you are working in.
    Google recently posted..GoogleMy Profile

Trackbacks

1. [...] of reading about my losing/cheating ways, head over to read an inspiring post at Mile Posts from someone who just won a marathon in real [...]