In this world of too many choices it is often hard to find products that work and weed out those that claim to work. If we were all millionaires this would not matter, we could buy with reckless abandon and not worry about wasting $15 on a headband. Alas, most of us are not millionaires. If you are anything like me I hate wasting even $15 dollars on something that does not work. This is why I do so many gear reviews on my blog. I want to save you the time and the energy of searching for products that work and let you know when I think something is a complete waste of money.
I have only found two brands of headbands that don’t slip off my head. I had found my favorite UNTIL I stumbled upon Sparkly Soul. When I heard the company name I checked it out because I was not sure what the product was, but knew if it had to do with sparkling while you run I would probably like it. Hood To Coast has turned me into a sparkle girl despite my best attempts to fight it.
I immediately fell in love with the RED sparkle band. Ahem….Wizard of Oz…..I did a silent prayer inside – please let these work, please let these work.
Lately I’ve noticed a common theme with all these headband companies. They tout how theirs are the only ones that work and they don’t slip. AND guess what – they do slip and they don’t work for everyone. So I was betting that this would be the same for Sparkly Soul.
Imagine my surprise when I tested them out and they didn’t move. NOT ONE DARN CENTIMETER. They made it through a 24 mile long run with out bothering me once. This is truly a miracle. I’m VERY critical of running gear.
The difference between these bands and the other bands I’ve tried is that they are no-slip all the way around. There is no elastic part at the bottom back. I personally found that even though the wide bands didn’t move, the skinnier ones were more comfortable on my head.
I have been waiting to post this contest and review for weeks now. I honestly was not sure how to convey how much I LOVE these bands.
I love these bands so much so that I now have them in EVERY SINGLE COLOR. Yep. Every color. Every running outfit could use a little sparkle. When I feel like I look good, I run better. When I run better, I run faster. When I run faster, I think I’m fast. When I think I’m fast, I run faster. When I run faster I PR. I’ll be rocking the sparkle at an upcoming marathon!!!
Why I like these bands:
1. When I see other people wearing other ribbon patterned bands around town, I think to myself they probably didn’t shower after their run or if they did they put the same sweaty band back on.[which if you did either is a-ok with me - just being honest in what I think] I don’t think this with the sparkle bands
2. The black sparkle looks cute with regular outfits – right?
3. They aren’t glitter bands, so not to worry about stuff falling off
4. We all need a little sparkle now and then but not everyone wants to rock a spark skirt [sorry Team Sparkle]
5. The don’t slip, really they don’t.
One reader of Mile Posts will win one Sparkly Soul band of their choice.
Here’s how to enter:*You must be a follower of my blog to win. Contest ends on 10.11.2011
Here’s how to enter: [please leave a separate comment for each entry]
1. Follow Sparkly Soul on Facebook and post – I want to win the Sparkly Soul Giveaway from Mile Posts www.mile-posts.com
2. Follow Sparkly Soul on twitter and tweet: I want to win the @sparklysoulinc giveaway from @mileposts
If you have done the above 2 things and would like more chances to win you can:
1. Post this post on your blog or facebook
2. Follow Mile Posts on twitter @mileposts
3. Follow Mile Posts on facebook
*as always I was not paid for this review and the opinions are my own. Winner will be notified via blog post and has two weeks to claim their prize before a back up winner is chosen.