Ask yourself this.

If you do not BELIEVE in yourself how can others?

If you do not think you can run a 5K. Then you can’t.

If you do not think you can run a 10K. Then you can’t.

If you think that 13.1 miles is more than you will ever run in your lifetime. You are right.

If you think a marathon is for ‘real runners’, but certainly not for someone like you. Again, you are right.

If you think an ultra is plain crazy. It is and you probably won’t run one.

If you think that the only way you will ever get to run the Boston Marathon is by running for a charity, then you most likely will never BQ.

If YOU however think that you can run a 5K, 10K, 13.1, 26.2 and possibly even an ultra, then you can and most likely WILL.

If you believe that you have the strength within you to complete an ultra, then it does not matter what any one else says. YOU WILL.

If you want to BQ and are discouraged by the new qualifying times, then you might not ever make it there.

If you see the new times as a challenge you plan to rise to no matter how many times you get knocked down [which may happen more than you want], you will get there. You will BQ.

Your mind is your biggest fan and also your worst enemy. Quell the negative thoughts and believe in yourself.

DREAM BIG & RUN LONG my friends xoxo Mile Posts

Want to win a FREE Running Devotional? Click Here
Want to learn more about Mile Posts? Click Here

Comments

1. I love this! It is so similar in some ways to my post yesterday… I believe it all :) Don't tell me I can't!

2. Nicole Wagner Makeup says:

I keep checking back on the warrior bracelet contest lol…when are you announcing the winner??:):)

3. Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog says:

Great post! Although I do still think ultras are crazy, I will have to reevaluate after I do a marathon!

4. Amen, Dorothy Beal!

5. I love this! And it's so so true. You are always an inspiration.

6. thethinksicanthink says:

This is a really good reminder to those of us who battle our "doubt dragons," as I term them when shooting for a big goal – time to bust out my sword and keep dreaming big!

7. Jillrunsforsanity says:

OMG, thank you for posting this. It really struck a chord. I ran Boston last year for charity (my 1st marathon) and I will run again in 2012 for charity. I had been of the belief that I could never qualify until recently when I told myself why not. I Will run the Boston Marathon as a qualified runner. I don't know when but I will, because I can Dream Big. Thank you Dorothy!!!!!

8. i love this. thank you for sharing :)

9. Suz and Allan says:

Love it! I felt like this was directed right to me and I needed to hear it so thank you so much!

10. I love this!

I also ordered myself a bracelet :) I hope it gets to me in time for Steamtown!!

11. Very true!!! Thanks for posting this. I need to know this going into my race this weekend.

12. {lifeasa}RunningMom says:

Thank you for spreading some positive energy! You are so right, we need to believe in ourselves and have faith in ourselves!

13. i LOVE this. all of this is so true. thank you for posting.

Glad you guys like it!!

Celia – good luck at Steamtown! My mom ran it last year and loved the course :)