Some of my favorites:

Mile 1: Be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of age. Matthew 28:20

Mile 2: The Lord will work out his plans for my life. Psalm 138:8

Mile 3: I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as the mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it would move. Nothing would be impossible. Matthew 17:20

Mile 4: To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given. Luke 19:26

Mile 5: I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Mile 6: Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we can not see. Hebrews 11:1

Mile 7: ‘I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope.’ Jeremiah 29:11

Mile 8: Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. I Timothy 4:12

Mile 9: We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28

Mile 10: Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1

Mile 11: Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. Psalm 37:5

Mile 12: With God’s help we will do mighty things. Psalm 60:12

Mile 13: We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. Romans 5:3

Mile 14: We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:9

Mile 15: The Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you. 2 Thessalonians 3:3

Mile 16: Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Mile 17: It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. 2 Corinthians 3:5

Mile 18: Be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded. Chronicles 15:7

Mile 19: Whatever you do, do well. Ecclesiastes 9:10

Mile 20: He will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. Psalm 91:11

Mile 21: Anything is possible if a person believes. Mark 9:23

Mile 22: The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Luke 6:38

Mile 23: I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize… Philippians 3:13

Mile 24: Our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 2 Corinthians 4:17

Mile 25: I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.

Mile 26: Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

Mile 26.2: But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

I believe not only IN you, I believe YOU.

What are your favorite motivational Bible verses?

Comments

1. Great post! Here is one of my favorites:

I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free. Psalm 119:32

• hello I’m 65 year old and my time is 41.29 and I’ wish could do better and went I’ run I’ do it for the Glory of my Jesus my Lord and savior he give the strength I’ run on marathon 5K and some time 10k my time on 10K is 1:26 I’m happy I’ make it to the finish line with God help please can’t you tell me what is good to eat before the day of running and is a good diet need to now for to lose 10 pound my weigh is 135 is I’ weight less I’ cant do better thank you and God Bless you Sincerely Diana L. Stewart

2. juanitagf says:

Love, love, love this post!!!

3. evamadera says:

Thank you for sharing!

4. Meredith says:

Tears in my coffee… beautiful! Thank you for sharing all those!

5. awesome
    awesome
    post.

what a great idea.
    printing this out now.

6. I love your blog and your post! I love love love the Isaiah 40:31. Every time we sign the hymn based on that song in church, I get teary eyed!!

7. Momma K and her Krew says:

Love. Love. Mile 24 really got to me. Just absolutly fantastic post. Thanks.

8. SupermomE12 says:

This is an incredible post. THank you so much! I love love love love love it. #18 is my favorite and I will be keeping that with me on saturday! :)

9. Marisa Olsen says:

Awesome! Love it!!

10. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this post!! I'm seriously saving it and printing it too emz!! AWESOME!!! :)

11. Can I just say THANK YOU!! What amazing timing. I am running my 1st Boston on Monday. Going to print these and let my mind focus on God's promises for me when I start to get anxious.

My favorite:
    The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
    Duet. 31:8

Thank you again for sharing! What a blessing.

Ashley

12. Heather @ Not a DIY Life says:

Love this! My favorite verse is Philippians 4:13 and it keeps me going when the running gets tough. I also quote Saint Patrick's Breastplate (prayer) when I'm running in the dark. It calms me and keeps me focused.

Thank you for sharing!

13. these are completely awesome, I'm bookmarking this post. thanks so much for sharing!

14. Brad @ runningfor365days says:

WOW! What an awesome and inspiring post! I really appreciate you posting this! As a new runner meditating on gods promises will help me relax and endure. Its a valuable reminder to let god permiate every part of my life. :)

15. Love this post! Absolutely thinking of you today and wishing you quick legs and a quick recovery. You are an inspiration to all us running mommies out there!

16. Finding your blog is such a blessing!! I don't know how I got here, but I'm so thankful I did. My life verse just so happens to be the first one you posted — Matthew 28:20!

Wow! there are great! thank you so much!!

18. Lauren @ The Running Cook says:

This is a great post! I love it! Thanks for the inspiration.

19. Love Love Love this post!

20. I am going to post this over my treadmill-where I spend MANY hours!

21. Running for the Kitchen says:

wow, i LOVE this post. you are awesome

22. Running the Napa Valley Marathon in March and I am so going to memorize this. Just found your site and I absolutely love it.

23. Jen Brannon says:

Just LOVE this post! Thanks for the inspiration, Dorothy!

24. I LOVE this!!!! What a great way to get through a marathon :) I'm definitely stealing this for my first full this spring!

25. Mrs JP Chaos says:

I love this.

26. SouthMainMuse says:

When I was preparing to do my first intermediate distance triathlon…i picked out a few scriptures. A few in the Old Testament and New. Had them memorized. But when it came down to race day, I was on that run turned back toward the finish line and all that kept running (ha, got the joke after I wrote it) through my mind was your number 5. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." It was reflexive. Each step as I pushed myself to hit a certain time…I kept hear that one. Will have to write more of yours down.

27. Wonderful, wonderful! I need to laminate these and take them with me during my next marathon. Love.

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing and for your strong testimony. You are a real inspiration to me!

29. pokey_athena says:

I just love this poat and come back to it often…

After long runs/hard races I also like 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought a good fight, I have rinished the race, I have kept the faith"

30. Apparently in South Africa there is a race, called the Comrades. It is 56 miles. I belief one can only run with God on your side. In my limited running experience I have come closer to Jesus as any other time in my life. Blogs to watch: http://forums.comrades.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4412&PN=2&TPN=9

An ordinary women’s blog:

Regards
    Barry

31. Hi! I'm new to your blog, but I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about your experiences (both in life and in running)…. I particularly appreciate this one. Tomorrow I am taking my national board exams for medical school (which one might argue is not unlike a marathon– years of training followed by one of the most physically and mentally challenging days of your life). So I just wanted to thank you for posting this…. I plan on reading and re-reading these passages to find the strength and courage I need for tomorrow.
    Many thanks for your words!
    Happy running,
    Anna

32. I love the inspiration Dorthy! I’m planning this year to start the year listening to the Bible while running. I love drawing closer to God through running.

33. i run regularly too but not yet for long distance runs which is still on my wishlist. there is a big run event happening in our country, the Philippines, this coming February 05. i wanted to post a bible verse for moral / spiritual support to all my running buddies, and gladly found your site and now i don’t know which verse to post because ALL of them are really really nice and inspiring.. God bless you and happy running!!

34. Love Love Love It!!! Spreading the Spoken Words of Christ through the abilities of Running that He gave us as a Gift :) Please come join a site HE guided me to set up, a place that all us runners can Lift Him Up as we Lift Each Other Up in His Name and 4 His Glory! ♥♥♥

35. @ Jeff:
    Oh my site is: runningwithchristjesus.com See You Soon and Keep Running 4 †

36. Jordan Ricke says:

great verses!…I Plan on using them for my XC team next season!

37. Love this! I’m printing it now, getting ready to hop on the plane to Napa Valley Marathon.

38. motivation says:

Hey just want to say this is great website. Wish you good luck in future. Defently coming back here!

39. Jeremy says:

Fantastic post!

Great!!

41. Amazing list!!! Thank you so much :)

Deuteronomy 30:11 (NIV), “Now what I am commanding you this day is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach.”

42. This is great…..the last one is my favorite song in church. Thanks!!!

43. From a wheelchair to run a marathon in every state! As of today ( 5/19/2012) logged over 24,000 miless in the past 10 1/2 years! ~ Read about it in my newest book: HEADING TOWARD THE FINAL FINISH LINE (Amazon has book reviews and the best price!) ~ALL profits go to help a school for orphans( was there last Oct.) in Kenya!

See you on the road or at the final finish line in Heaven!

44. Heading Toward the final Finish Line ~ Amazon.com
    RRRICK recently posted..The EndMy Profile

45. Just found this encouraging site! Take a look at our site to get your half and full marathon sticker, of course, you must complete one first! :) http://www.shop.brownhorsegarments.com

46. I stumbled upon your blog this morning… what a beautiful space. May God bless you as you Run!!

47. Thank you Dorothy. I’m using this to get me through my second marathon today in Philly.

48. I love these verses!!

49. So inspired by these verses! Can’t wait to share on facebook!
    Fran recently posted..CHRISTMAS COMPRESSION SOCKSMy Profile

50. Thanks for the scripture. I’m running the Dallas Marathon for the 2nd time and will shift my focus from simply finishing to having a better time and enjoying it. I’ve already printed your list out and will carry them on Sunday. To God be the glory, great things he has done!

51. Thank you. Nice boost this morning. You had the scriptures I’ve been thinking about for awhile.

52. I am blanking on a favorite right now but just wanted to share how much I love this. I just used it to find a great verse to send to a friend’s Nike Run audio as she does the Zooma Half in Amelia Island. Thanks!!!
    Paula Kiger recently posted..Trust (A Mama Kat Writing Prompt)My Profile

53. Found this post (you) on Pinterest! I included you in a link on my personal blog here: http://www.mile-posts.com/2011/04/26-2-bible-verses-for-running-racing.html Hope you don’t mind! Happy running!
    Jennifer recently posted..So I Went for a RunMy Profile

54. Hello!
    I am wondering if you would be interested in doing a link swap?
    I see your blog: http://www.mile-posts.com/2011/04/26-2-bible-verses-for-running-racing.
    html and my blog are centered around the same subject.

I’d love to swap links or perhaps guest author a article for you. Many thanks.
    south african citizenship recently posted..south african citizenshipMy Profile

55. I LOVE this! I have run a marathon where I had a prayer for each mile- this is absolutely great! I’ll be printing it and saving it!

56. My favorite….Habakuk 3:19 “The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer…”
    Julia recently posted..4.15.13My Profile

57. Just printed these out to put by the treadmill! Needed some new inspiration!
    Jolene (Homespun Heritage) recently posted..~*4 Months*~My Profile

58. This is so inspiring – not just for running but for pressing on with the faith and in life! Thank you :)
    Dawn recently posted..My First KinvarasMy Profile

59. hi i’m bob i use these verses while im preparing for CC meets. :)

60. “The lions may grow weak & hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.” Psalm 34:10
    Brenna Kater, Oceanskater recently posted..Perseverance and PatienceMy Profile

61. I’ve learn some just right stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you place to make this kind of great informative site.
    Lamentable275.Livejournal.com recently posted..Lamentable275.Livejournal.comMy Profile

62. I was looking for inspirational bible verses to post along the Chehalem Challenge run in September and I came across your site. Coincidence? I don’t believe in coincidences. Thank you for your post and your obedience ;-) . God bless you as you continue to encourage others.

63. Jennie Byrd says:

Thank you! These are great. I am about to begin leading a Christian Ladies couch to 5k group through the Sole2Soul Sisters. I was online looking for a running focused scripture and found your post. Thank you for compiling these. I will use for my group and also myself. I am going to begin training for my 3rd half marathon and need all the inspiration and scripture I can get my hands on. Blessings.

64. I absolutely love this post! It was awesome and has really inspired me multiple times! Glory to God in the highest!

65. First half today and meditating on these before heading out!

66. Sally Oclinaria says:

Praying before heading out for my safe travel and saw these verses. So inspiring and posted Mile 1 to 13 on my FB wall for my half marathon guide tomorrow. Thank you so much for sharing. I love it. God Bless Us Always!

67. Worderfullllllll. Love this god blessssss you

68. I will be using these awesome verses to help motivate my teammates during track and xc!

69. When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added”
    checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Thanks a lot!
    m88 recently posted..m88My Profile

70. I have learn several just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking
    for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you put to create
    the sort of wonderful informative site.
    Download 7Zip recently posted..Download 7ZipMy Profile

71. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my
    own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get set up?
    I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% sure. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly
    appreciated. Many thanks
    tricycles for kids recently posted..tricycles for kidsMy Profile

72. What the heck i just read? The 1st thing is to consult
    with a doctor previous to making use of this supplement.
    The extract of Anti Aging Skin Care Wrinkle Cream is obtainable as capsules and tablets and advising the physician can provide you a clean idea of the fact that will it fit your preferences or not.

This supplement frequently fits the wants of all of the
    people but exclusions will always be there. So, you
    have to be sure you aren’t normally the one who are unable to use this item.
    Another problem is regarding the dosage. You have to ask your doctor regarding the consumption and be special concerning this authentic Anti Aging Skin
    Care Wrinkle Cream.
    WOW.Nice read here. The important key to exactly how this product gets results
    is that it can be a dual action diet solution, which means that it operates as being an appetite reducing aid plus a “fat burner”.
    This definitely implies that it oxidizes your fat
    body cells with the use of anti-oxidants,
    and this results in even more vitality for you – however , only if
    you know how to have authentic Anti Aging Skin Care Wrinkle Cream in
    the right fashion.A lot of diet products on the market
    were created near reving up your fat burning capacity, which is certainly not really safe for many of us – and
    this is the reason why many folks are deciding to order Anti Aging Skin Care Wrinkle Cream extract instead.
    authentic the best anti wrinkle products recently posted..authentic the best anti wrinkle productsMy Profile

73. Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of.

I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries
    that they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top
    and defined out the whole thing without having side effect
    , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more.
    Thanks
    Refugio recently posted..RefugioMy Profile

74. Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.”
    She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!
    little tikes trike recently posted..little tikes trikeMy Profile

75. Having read this I thought it was extremely enlightening.
    I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this short article together.

I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and
    commenting. But so what, it was still worthwhile!
    หางาน recently posted..หางานMy Profile

76. Mile 20

77. Just popping into the kitchen to get my teeth done. If u d a dentist regularly
    and follow his instructions. Sage can be used in conjunction with landscape designs specialized halogen
    light. Dentist fees vary from procedure to procedure and it can be a good
    indication of overall health. At the very least, brush your teeth is also exposed every time you brush.
    Totally Swing Sets Launches New Website recently posted..Totally Swing Sets Launches New WebsiteMy Profile

78. Good post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every day.
    It’s always interesting to read through content
    from other authors and practice something
    from other web sites.
    หารายได้พิเศษ recently posted..หารายได้พิเศษMy Profile

79. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you, However I am going through troubles with your RSS.
    I don’t know why I am unable to join it. Is there anybody else having identical RSS problems?

Anyone that knows the solution can you kindly respond?
    Thanks!!
    Daisy recently posted..DaisyMy Profile

80. I used to be suggested this website through my cousin. I’m not sure whether
    this post is written by means of him as nobody else recognize such distinct approximately my trouble.

You are wonderful! Thank you!
    sbobet recently posted..sbobetMy Profile

81. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post!
    It is the little changes that make the most important
    changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!
    งานพาร์ทไทม์ recently posted..งานพาร์ทไทม์My Profile

82. Hello my family member! I want to say that this article is awesome, great written and include approximately
    all significant infos. I would like to look extra posts like this .
    Pebble beach real estate recently posted..Pebble beach real estateMy Profile

83. Hi there, You have done an excellent job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.
    Clash of Lords 2 Hack recently posted..Clash of Lords 2 HackMy Profile

84. Hi there, yes this article is actually good and I have learned lot
    of things from it concerning blogging. thanks.
    zumba prostitution ring in maine recently posted..zumba prostitution ring in maineMy Profile

85. Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell and
    gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to her ear
    and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally
    off topic but I had to tell someone!
    พาร์ทไทม์ recently posted..พาร์ทไทม์My Profile

86. If you can dominate in the marketplace, you can make everyone
    buy their materials from you. 5 kilograms a week without dieting or excessive exercise.
    It might not be as well liked as Dota a WOW, but it surely does have its
    advantages. Tory is an experienced game player who is fond of sharing
    game experience with other players. Currency: The currencies of the
    German are Mark and pfenning. Those three boasts, the dreamscapes, detail and
    to your take number of and reach reputation more thantime.
    Once you get the generator downloaded by it you can generate Kamas at your
    own want.
    dofus hack kamas utilisable gratuit recently posted..dofus hack kamas utilisable gratuitMy Profile

87. When someone writes an paragraph he/she keeps the idea of a user in his/her
    mind that how a user can know it. Thus that’s why this paragraph is amazing.
    Thanks!
    ทํางานที่บ้าน recently posted..ทํางานที่บ้านMy Profile

88. Hi mates, its great post regarding educationand
    fully explained, keep it up all the time.
    หางานทําที่บ้าน recently posted..หางานทําที่บ้านMy Profile

89. When someone writes an piece of writing he/she keeps
    the idea of a user in his/her brain that how a
    user can be aware of it. Therefore that’s why this paragraph is perfect.
    Thanks!
    หางานทําที่บ้าน recently posted..หางานทําที่บ้านMy Profile

90. The longer meat is marinated the more tender and flavored it become.
    Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper,and if desired with the herbs.
    When you’re making vinaigrette, select a mild oil that will not overpower your dressing.
    oil and vinegar bottles recently posted..oil and vinegar bottlesMy Profile

91. Thanks for another informative web site. The place else could I am
    getting that kind of info written in such an ideal manner?
    I’ve a challenge that I am just now operating on, and I have been at the
    glance out for such information.
    software loan recently posted..software loanMy Profile

92. In the daytime, if people wear dark clothes, it reflect weak lights, which is very comfortable
    to mosquitoes. You simply mix a solution of the anti-mosquito treatment
    to the right level off concentration and then draw the net through.

It operates ilently and continuously which ensures capture of mosquitoes both day
    andd night.
    เครื่องดักยุง recently posted..เครื่องดักยุงMy Profile

Trackbacks

1. [...] 26.2 Bible Verses For Running & Racing [...]

2. [...] Article: 26.2 Bible Verses For Running & Racing Posted: February 14, 2012 in articles Tags: 26.2, articles, bible verses, day 30 0 http://www.mile-posts.com/2011/04/14/26-2-bible-verses-for-running-racing/ [...]

3. [...] (Here’s another runner who has compiled a verse for every mile of the marathon. Check it out here.) [...]

4. [...] Article: 26.2 Bible Verses For Running & Racing Posted: February 13, 2012 in articles Tags: #faithfultrainer, 26.2, articles, bible verses, day 30 3 26.2 Bible verse for running [...]